• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Which disc in your bag sees the least amount of play?

JHBlader86

Eagle Member
I'm just being curious and wanted to know what disc(s) is in your bag for a good reason, but you hardly ever use it on the course. For me it would be the Z Predator. I use it for headwinds, sidearms and spike hyzers, but I'm rarely in a position where I have to use it. Out of all the courses in and around BG I think I only bust out the Predator on 3 holes, and they're on the same course (Preston Milles Holes 3, 4 and 6). We can have some strong winds here but most of the time I just pop the Z Avenger on a heavy hyzer line and watch it flip up to flat.

11x Champion Firebird: I use it for strong headwinds (which got more use in Las Vegas and less since my move to the North East) and Thumbers (don't throw many)
11x KC Whippet: I use it for short flicks, rollers, and other trick shots including short thumbers...mostly to get out of trouble
Crazy Beat 9x Aviar: I pretty much only use it for short, right turning shots. Most of the time, a beat Roc gets the job done, but if it's really short, I feel more comfortable with the very beat Aviar. I'm lucky to have procured a few from a friend who used to putt with them.

My roller disc and my crazy stable headwind disc. I know that i would need them as soon as i take them ou of my bag.

Champ Firebird or max weight Champ Boss.
I use either one for very few types of shots. But when I need one of these two then nothing else will do.

Max D drivers, at our course I take them out only once a round, tops. Drivers overall also, use them for maybe 4 holes and the occasional thumber.

Hmmm...I'd say my flat top Z Predator. I carry 3 Z Preds, but this one is so silly overstable that I can't throw it more than about 340' unless there is a strong headwind - flys more like a spirit than a predator. Basically only use it for skip shots and huge spike hyzers, but it definitely comes in handy so I always keep it in the bag.

Most of my other discs see lots of time in the rotation, with my Japan Open Glow Destroyer being the second least used - it's for max D in headwinds.

I don't travel much these days, so palying the same courses all the time means I throw some discs much more than others. In normal conditions my seasoned Ion, Buzz, and s-PD account for probably 80% of my drives.

The ones I use very infrequently: XXX, C-PD, P-PD, Boss. The XXX is more of an approach/utility disc for me and rarely used unless a conventional shot is not available or the wind is a major factor. I only use my C-PD when I'm afraid of either what the wind might do or concerned about my S-PD going too far. I really only use a P-PD when I need a shot that doesn't turn or fade, and my main S-PD is so versatile that I usually reach for it instead...Nothing beats a P-PD for those frozen ropes though. The Boss only comes out in the wind or for hard hyzers/skips...I'd rather throw my Nuke most the time.

Yea like everyone else the overstable/situational wind discs dont see a ton of play particularly this time of year in Vegas there is no wind. So besides that I probably throw my Ion the least probably only about 10% of drives and thats the only time (I dont putt with it) I use it mainly because powering down my Buzzz is so much more fun (and accurate) than throwing a putter hard for me.

I'm surprised at how many very overstable drivers people are mentioning. I don't use mine all the time but I do use it for a lot more than just wind.

For me it's my max D driver, whatever it happens to be at the time.

The disc I carry and use least is the flippy distance driver. In my bag currently that's a beat up star Orc (probably soon to be replaced by a broken in P-PD). I use my Z Pred All The Time.

Definitely my Z Pred. My home course is so heavily wooded that it blocks most of the wind, and I rarely throw overhand shots, so the Predator doesn't see much use.

A Meteor. I only use it for anhyzer shots out of the rough that I want to carry pretty far. That and to annoy people that hate that disc.

wow my Z pred gets the most use, even in no wind no overhand rounds.

Mine would probably be the flippier of my two XL's. I usually throw a buzzz on the lines I need that XL for.

Smigles said:
My roller disc and my crazy stable headwind disc. I know that i would need them as soon as i take them ou of my bag.

This. So my xxx and beat PD.

I would say my headwind distance driver(SDS Destroyer...beefy). It might get thrown once a round if that. But it stays in the bag just in case.

BLURR said:
I would say my headwind distance driver(SDS Destroyer...beefy). It might get thrown once a round if that. But it stays in the bag just in case.
this is the least used slot for me too, my beefy Echo Destroyer is lucky if it gets tossed once in a round

Thatdirtykid said:
Yes. It is a great control driver. Especially when seasoned and it can be pushed out pretty far.

Thatdirtykid said:

Don't get me wrong, I throw Z Preds a ton. The beat one I have been carrying for about 2 years or so gets thrown as much as anything in my bag. That one I have in particular is just so overstable it doesn't do anything but hyzer.