• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

White House DGC

mreynolds24

Eagle Member
Does anyone have information on White House dgc in Nashville? By looking around on the Nashville fb page it appears to be playable, however no pads/signs. Can anyone confirm this? Also, any info on open/wooded, is it a longer/shorter course, how difficult, easy to get around? Sorry for all the questions, im going to be in Nashville and trying to figure out if this is needs to be worked in the schedule. Any information would be helpful!

I've been told it's not complete yet. I think you're right about signage and grass pads, and I've heard it's flat, open and short, but since I haven't been yet, I can't confirm. I'd skip it.

Saunders Ferry and Cedar Hill are better options north of town and Ogg Wood is a secret gem close to White House just outside of Springfield.

As far as courses in Nashville, aside from the obvious stop at Seven Oaks (and nearby Nashville DG Store), Naval Hill is worth a look.

I thought the Clintons took all the White House DGC baskets when they left office.

I did not have sexual relations with that basket

Does anyone have information on White House dgc in Nashville? By looking around on the Nashville fb page it appears to be playable, however no pads/signs. Can anyone confirm this? Also, any info on open/wooded, is it a longer/shorter course, how difficult, easy to get around?

I played it today and I can now confirm the info. It's in the very back of the park, and there's a practice basket by the parking lot on the left.

The baskets are green powder coated Prodigy, which I'm conflicted about, b/c they were tough to see in the woods, but so can unpainted baskets, and it might be advantageous in the fall and winter.

The first hole is across the road, and is the only hole other than #18 that isn't in the woods. #18 is at the bottom of the hill by the parking lot.

Maybe 12 holes had carpet and the rest were just dirt. The first few holes have carpet and then one of the holes (#6 I think) doesn't, which can make it easy to miss the "teepad." Signage was white painted plywood with just the hole #s. A couple had distances. There were also plywood signs pointing to the next holes and pretty clearly defined pathways which made navigation fairly easy.

Even in its rustic, unmainicured state, this course was a lot of fun, with challenging but fair lines. There was poison ivy everywhere, and getting off the fairway can get get hairy, so I was a bit upset with myself for wairing ankle socks.

It reminded me a bit of Preston Miller, but longer and not as tight, both in proximity to one another and the size of the tunnels and fairways. I actually liked it a lot more than Preston Miller. It's just the only course I've played that came to mind. Maybe a few Smyrna-ish holes.

White House is already top 5 in the area IMO, so as it improves, it will only move up the list. I'd rank it over Barfield, Saunders, Naval Hill and Crockett.

For courses on the north side of nashville to play Cedar Hill needs to be mentioned. Excellent course but can be a bit confusing to get around

Latest posts