• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Who listens to music while DGing?

Do you listen to music while DGing?

• Yes, if I'm by myself

Votes: 22 31.4%
  • Yes, even with a group

Votes: 7 10.0%
  • No, I need to hear someone shouting "FORE!!"

Votes: 41 58.6%

• Total voters

obryn

If I'm practicing by myself I listen to my Ipod, mainly Punk Rock like NOFX, Rancid, Lower Class Brats, Dead Kennedys, etc. But if I am with a group of friends and the course is generally empty I will bring my backpack with built-in speakers and jam out. The great thing about DG is that it isn't so tight-assed like ball golf.
I don't need silence to concentrate on my throw, and I find that if you can just tune out your surroundings it is easier to make a reliable throw. The music just helps me pump up my energy and confidence on the course.
However, with headphones in my arm will get caught sometimes on the cord and really botch my toss.

i don't have any gizmos of my own to play anything with, but someone else shooting some tunes does help me relax.

....as long as it's not RUSH.

I have thought about bringing my Ipod but haven't remembered to pack it yet. I see no problem with headphones when playing alone. I would have to run the cord under my shirt to keep it in check.

I second the no RUSH thing!

When I hear other people playing music out loud with their radios, it really throws me off. Plus the earbuds and wires of an ipod would bug me. Only sounds I want to hear are the chains chinging together!

How did the cat get so fat? Dude, my ipod is perfect for alone time. I clip it to the back of my collar and stuff the wires up my hat and bring the pods out to my ears. PERFECT!!!

I hear music all the time in my head, don't need to carry a device of any kind.
I played a tournament with a guy that had headphones on. I wanted to strangle the guy. He was my partner for doubles and I asked him did you get the scorecard and he shows me the "Thumbs Up" and we walk to our first hole. Well come to find out he didn't get the darn thing and I had to walk all the way back to the scorers table to get the card. Almost a half a mile walk.
You wanna wear headphones while playing alone, then be my guest otherwise, leave your pod in your car!

i have never played a round with my ipod before, but i did play with a guy who had speakers in his bag and the music was fun but i found myself slightly distracted so i prefer playing without music, just random chat with my buddies about our game or whatever is goin on that night

its great for practice really helps you get in the zone and play more on instinct. the first sabbath album is the best just skip the first song litttle to heavy for dg

I don't listen to music when I play. It interferes with my concentration on my game. A little mood music before the round to get the right frame of mind is ok. Something smooth like Doobie Brothers or SuperTramp. Sometimes a little Zep. Man, I just dated myself badly.

I'm usually concentrating on playing well and enjoying my surroundings. Music would be a distraction. Plus I've got enough music in my head to fill up three ipods.

i love music, but not on the course...i have a hard enough time concentrating as it is with my ADD...

Im gonna try it, and Ill vote for a yes, but I am not sure if it will be IPOD with earbuds or my ipod in my IHOMEtogo

I always have my ipod if i"m playing by myself. cranking out some tool or wu-tang clan helps me to block out my surroundings and concentrate on the task at hand.

i've taken my mp3 player out while golfing before. usually when i'm out on my own. if i'm out with other people i wouldn't, it just doesn't seem social. i don't like it when people have some sort of music player with speakers though. music really carries when your out on a course. so the group your in may be enjoying it, but another group on another hole may be really put off by it.

I was wondering this myself. I don't listen to anything while I play because I think it would throw my game off. My bag has a pocket for an Ipod if I wanted to bring one.

its great for practice really helps you get in the zone and play more on instinct. the first sabbath album is the best just skip the first song litttle to heavy for dg
nothing matches the first sabbath album
have you listened to it on vinyl? sounds just how it was intended to

"There's a party in my mind..." Talking Heads rule face!

Hands down my favorite band of all time. Top five song too. I like Warning Signs, Cool Water, Nothing But Flowers, Artists Only, Memories Can't Wait, Houses in Motion (live), Drugs, every album, David Byrne solo too.

Am I the only Zune owner here? I'm seeing a lot of iPod people... *hiss*

Anyways, if I'm out by myself I ALWAYS have my tunes with me. If I'm in a group I don't listen to it because that's just damn rude and I enjoy most of the convos that DG groups have...

Latest posts