• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Who listens to music while DGing?

Do you listen to music while DGing?

• Yes, if I'm by myself

Votes: 22 31.4%
  • Yes, even with a group

Votes: 7 10.0%
  • No, I need to hear someone shouting "FORE!!"

Votes: 41 58.6%

• Total voters
I have played with a group where music was playing, I enjoyed having music in the background. I would listen to the ipod by myself but fear that I would spend more time ripping the earphones out the making good shots.:|

I have listened to music (usually Blue October) on a few occasions when I'm out playing alone. I use my Treo and pTunes to pump the sound out the external speaker just loud enough for me to hear. I'm paranoid that headphones/earplugs would make it too hard to hear people yelling "FORE!" as they shank a drive in my general direction.

ERic

I used to play all the time with an ipod and earphones, back when my home course was a wide open somewhat easy course. It helped me relax which helped me play better. I used to over-analyze every aspect of my dging so relaxing was key for me and it helped me start to average under par on the course.
Now, I play in more wooded areas and well, out of experience, you can't hear what your disc hits when you have earphones on. Its very benificial to me to hear the sound of my disc hitting brush to find it. Like if it sounds like it hits rocks and there is only one pile of rocks on the entire hole, well, then that will knock off plenty of minutes of aimlessly searching (which helps the flow of my game and makes me less upset).

Last edited:
Sansa seems like a pretty good buy. I have an Ipod but refuse to buy another one when this one goes. The Sansa's have fm radio, (you can even record it!) a voice recorder and are usually cheaper and smaller than ipods.

Oh, and I've never listen to music while dging which is odd because I do for everything else in my life. Disc and ball golf are just a nice time to relax and get away from everything. Unless you're trying to beat your friends for $1,000,000 or something along those lines.

when I'm in the back yard practicing or when I'm warming up at a tourney I'll throw on the ipod. Other than that I talk to whoever is around, even if no one's there.......

when I'm in the back yard practicing or when I'm warming up at a tourney I'll throw on the ipod. Other than that I talk to whoever is around, even if no one's there.......

LOL

i've done the same.

pretending there's an audience can help you deal with pressure later when there actually IS one IMO.

i usually listen to audio lectures while playing alone. That's about the only time I use my Ipod.

No music for me. When I'm out on the course, I prefer to hear the wind in the trees and the birdsongs. It's far more relaxing than having music pumped into my ears.

No music for me. When I'm out on the course, I prefer to hear the wind in the trees and the birdsongs. It's far more relaxing than having music pumped into my ears.

+2 for me when Im DGing alone ... its nice to just have silence (or at least natural silence) every once in a while

When playing alone, I like the relative silence. I listen to the sounds of the course and the woods. Part of the experience of playing alone is the solitude, and for me, music would get in the way of this. No dis to those that listen - to each his own.

I did recently get an Ipod (inherited from my daughter who graduated to an Ipod Touch this Christmas), and I have to admit I'm still figuring that whole thing out. The gray in my beard has seemed a bit grayer recently...

Out with buddies, little ipod speakers kept down. Mainly for drives, walking to the next hole. Not loud enough to carry across the fairway. Alone... headphones. Type...Clutch, Tool, NIN, Primus, RATM, Paw, Quicksand, Helmet, Sabbath, Zeppelin, Alice in Chains, Days of the New, Lamb of God, Mastodon, Pantera, Metallica...

Make no mistake, I do not always bring music, because the joy of outdoors is one of the things that drew me in the first place, but it is nice to hang with your pals and listen to music while you play sometimes.

Latest posts