• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Who will Paige play for in 2016?

Actual Discraft's youth team is pretty darn strong. They dominated 19 and under at Worlds. They skipped a generation and are going after the kids. Smart play too; kids are cheap to win over and then become loyal to the team compared to grizzled touring players.

i disagree with Kids these days being loyal :|

I'd expect an announcement (switching) or a non-announcement (staying) to come after her trip to Puerto Rico.

I've heard no new deals have been inked and that she's under contract for another year with Prodigy.

The Vicich has spoken! :thmbup:

I certainly hope she stays. I love Prodigy plastic and she's obviously a whirlwind to watch on tour!

Oh, and just a peeve...there is no Trilogy team, at least not as far as sponsorships go. If she ends up in the family, it will be under a specific brand: DD, Lat or Westside.

:clap::clap::clap:

I troll a forum by night while working a corporate professional job by day. If I shipped a couple discs to Europe would you act like a third grader talking about his dad and say I am your hero?

I missed the part where I said he was my hero.

What would your third grade self think of the corporate job?

My money is on Lat64 or DD. They seem to be the most attractive companies for those looking at other sponsors.

Actual Discraft's youth team is pretty darn strong. They dominated 19 and under at Worlds. They skipped a generation and are going after the kids. Smart play too; kids are cheap to win over and then become loyal to the team compared to grizzled touring players.

Izak (14YO), Anthony (15Y/O), (Gavin 17 Y/O) are Innova players. I think Innova has the young 19 and under talent locked up. No offense to Austin but I've played with a bunch of them now. I'd say Innova has a strong stable, probably stronger than Discraft. Remember, we were in Discrafts neck of the woods. I would expect a strong showing from their sponsored players. All they need to do is keep McBeth and they have some of those guys locked up for life.

Oh man :clap:

Very cool. Innova swooping in for the most dominant duo in DG

Andy Wiler and I beat her (Madison)at spike ball at least twice in a row!!! There is video evidence of us beating Madison, you'll have to take our word on beating Paige as well.

Last edited:
Izak (14YO), Anthony (15Y/O), (Gavin 17 Y/O) are Innova players. I think Innova has the young 19 and under talent locked up. No offense to Austin but I've played with a bunch of them now. I'd say Innova has a strong stable, probably stronger than Discraft. Remember, we were in Discrafts neck of the woods. I would expect a strong showing from their sponsored players. All they need to do is keep McBeth and they have some of those guys locked up for life.

Don't disagree that Innova is in the lead. I do think Discraft is in a way better place with their youth team than they have been in a long time. The lost everyone from the 20 something crowd (Paige, Jerm, Cale) that were top 20 caliber. The only names that have are Doss, MJ, Lizz Carr and Elaine King. They are all 30+.

My prediction is we all talk about this way too long, and then are all disappointed in the end withe the lack of movement overall. I guess much of that will depend on what Paige does. Offers are flying around right now. I hear Latitude is offering the best deals.

Paige has sold a few team stamped Innova discs on FB. Either she has her first testers or she is selling gifts from friends.

No matter what company it is (if it's not prodigy) wouldn't it be tough to go out and play with the new discs? When would you get a chance to play solo without people at least hanging around watching, and noticing the new plastic

No matter what company it is (if it's not prodigy) wouldn't it be tough to go out and play with the new discs? When would you get a chance to play solo without people at least hanging around watching, and noticing the new plastic

Depending on where, when, and who she plays with, she might go unnoticed on the course.

Paige (or anyone else) could go to a field and get a rough idea and go to the course and be decent pretty quick IMO. I can't remember the pro, but there was an interview where he said by the 5th throw he knew what the disc was going to do and all that was left was to season them. I'm sure that is pretty extreme, but I can't see it taking months to get used to a few discs. She only throws a handful of molds to begin with.

#winedNdined

BcVT7xI.jpg

I was curious about this, and as a 945 player this isn't the same as a top pro, but I pulled every disc out of my bag replaced it with something that I could borrow/buy cheap/easily trade for taut should do about the same thing and then played a round on my home course.

My average this year was -7, my first attempt with untested bag I got a -5. The XXX I replaced my FB with was not quite as stable as expected and it cost me one. Having a Scale throw shorter than my Harp cost me the other.

Net round I adjusted and shot -8. It's just about the archer adjusting provided the company makes a disc that is in the slots they like.

Paige like a pretty vanilla stable of discs, I've never seen her throw any super OS plastic or weird specially discs. She could probably go to almost any manufacturer and do okay.

(My guess was DD though, Innova if they out the $. But she said that EMac was like a brother)

Latest posts