• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Win a free Patriot, just suggest a few discs names. Ends February 17th

overstable midrange - the phantom

understable midrange - the spector, the shadow

driver - the felon, convict, comrade

trying to keep the whole theme of badassness that surrounds legacy. also some names similar to ghosts. midrange names could go for either. cool contest!

Ok, I rethought my earlier suggestions and changed the midranges:

Overstable mid: The Overlord
Understable mid: The Underworld
Driver: The Mortar

I just want a disc called:
The Skull Crushing Eviscerator

Make it happen.
Thank you.

Man, that would be an awesome name for a disc! :clap:

"Dude, I just picked up a 175g skull crushing eviscerator, thing effin' rips!"

"I know, the first run skull crushing eviscerators have such nice glide.." :hfive:

Anyway, task at hand:

I feel like the names of at least the mids have to be related somehow.. Someone said Yin/Yang earlier which is kinda what I'm getting at..

US mid: Despot
OS mid: Tyrant
Driver: Sovereign
--or--
US mid: Arbiter
OS mid: Imperator
Driver: Chancellor

I'm a bit more pleased with the first set, being that they all correlate more..but I did come up with them after all lol.. fun contest! :hfive:

OS mid: Mistral
US mid: Sirocco
Driver: Tramont

They're mediterranean trade winds. Mistral is north west, as in forward and to the left. Sirocco is south east, as in it hooks back to the right. Tramont is just north.

The Olympian - Another patriotic name with a ton of possibilities for cool stamps. Zeus on a mountain top clutching a thunder blot, The Miracle On Ice or other Olympic moments, Disc Golf in the Olympics (someday?). A fitting name for the latest and greatest super distance driver that is best suited for the people at the very top of the sport (Olympians).

The Razor - An overstable midrange that cuts through wind, trees, anything...

The Maverick - An understable/neutral mid that is miraculously accurate in tight spaces, it finds a way.

Legacy Names

overstable - Nightshade
Understable - Wetwork
Driver - cutthroat or hitman or triggerman

Overstable - Poise - Jobber - Brooklyn

Understable - Gimmick - Achilles - Vice

Driver - Elevated - Accelerant - Moxie - Brute -

disc name contest

overstable mid = wingman

understable mid = agile

driver = missile

hook me up yall!!

an overstable midrange- shadow

An understable midrange- Soul

And a driver- Rage

Last edited:
I told Steve and Bamba my vote for a disc name last year at Worlds. Both of them liked it, but had already picked out the names for the Rival and Patriot at the time.

My vote is for: "The Natural"
It would be most appropriate for a mid-range that is easy to throw and has a simple flight. However, it would also work for a Firebird like disc.

I don't really care which mold they use the name for... just that they use it.
"The Natural"... it just has a nice ring to it.

DSCJNKY

Latest posts