• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Women and Distance

I just wanted to added that I recently changed my pull line. Before I was coming more across the chest, but I started throwing closer to a waist level, and it seems to engage my hips even more. I am now reaching holes I previously couldn't.

I think I have recorded 32 rounds at my home course(probably played over 100 there) and since I started throwing this way 2 days ago, have thrown longer drives on 8 of the holes than ever before. First hole I tried it on, I outdrove my previous best by 50-60 feet.

I just wanted to added that I recently changed my pull line. Before I was coming more across the chest, but I started throwing closer to a waist level, and it seems to engage my hips even more. I am now reaching holes I previously couldn't.

I've heard this before from others. I'm no kinesiologist, but it makes sense in my mind's eye as well. Wish I could say why I feel that way.

You just talk about discs. Distance comes from technique. I see like zero connection between the title of this thread and your post.

Nice list of discs you throw or threw. What should we do with it ?

If my wife ever wants to actualy learn to throw a disc properly, i'll give her a stack of putters and we start working on her technique. No disc in the world can replace solid technique.

My main point was that even light weight drivers are a bit much for a beginner. My daughter has a dx leopard and a pro tl. Great discs for a beginner right? 143 and 150. Awesome weights, right? But she can only throw 140( on a good throw), so they both still hook left. I've seen a lot of girls throw. Until you are getting 175 feet or farther,any driver is going to be nose angle sensitive and hyzer out on you.

I think most guys can drive 200 or farther in the first couple of weeks, but it takes a lot longer to get there as a woman.

And no offense, but if I had started out with putters, I probably wouldn't have kept playing.

Try a Maximizer. They go straight for throwers with little enough power that everything seems to fade.