• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Wooden discs.

I'm assuming people aren't busting out their axes, felling their own lumber, then seasoning the wood in a controlled environment just in order to lathe out some sweet discs. However, I guess I could be wrong.

Replace axe with chainsaw and you've got it. My buddy Clay does quite a bit of harvesting for the purposes of turning, I often give him leads, or give him a hand. The wood dries in his shop, or turns it wet and dries it in the kiln or in the basement for a year. There is also quite a bit of trade on ebay, someone else does the work of harvesting and drying the wood and he pays what the going rate is for a slab of maple burl. He is always on the look for sources of wood - any major land development project that's going down, he's there seeing if he can dig through the piles of wood before they're chipped or milled.

Sorry for the rant because some of the comments are lame! especially the word "dumb" that's so 1920's! we can use our voice at any time, but there wouldnt be any point for us to if it wouldnt be clear? We write/ use alternative methods, when people know sign, it's easier and fun, but unfortunately there's very few people that understands our culture and world. And I, dont care about hearing discs hitting trees or anything because i SEE it! just like i saw my two aces! i wouldnt trade anything to become a hearing person. So dont try imagining what it is like to be deaf or something like that because it's irrelevant! Play Disc golf and have fun regardless if the person is Deaf, Hearing, Blind, Purple, who cares!

Does anyone know how to get in touch with the guy in the video? I want to buy a couple for an up coming event? I know their website is in the thread but I am pretty sure there is no contact info.

I don't know anything about the guy making this video, but I do know that the guy at www.flywooddiscgolf.com will make trophies for you and does offer engraving.

The flaw I see with these discs is in the playability. One solid piece of wood is going to have problems with impact. Would be better if he went with like 6 or 7 alternating grain layers of Canadian hardrock maple - like a skateboard.

Also, for the comment that the Flywood stuff was "bulbous", I think you missed something:

ForSaleStickCollage_03.jpg

August2012Stack_01.jpg

Just saying...

Latest posts