• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Westside] World

How's the World treating everyone now that they have been out for a while?

I just recently picked up a 168 TP. Surprisingly more OS than I expected. I throw D1's and Giants and I could see the World easily kicking the D1's.

I'm really starting to like the world. How over stable is your TP?

I have a couple of 169g VIP Worlds and one of them that I've been throwing has beaten in pretty quickly for VIP. My go to driver is a D2, so the World has been moonlighting in my bag and even in limited action it's beaten in pretty quickly. It's lost a lot of HSS and can definitely be turned over if I really torque on it. When thrown flat, or on a hyzer, it flips up and still has a nice forward fade. That said, I'd be concerned with how quickly it's beaten in if I was throwing it full time.

I'm really starting to like the world. How over stable is your TP?

I'd say just slighly less OS than my giants. Doesn't turn over by any means but it goes farther before fading out. I'm really enjoying the low profile for FH's as well.

That said, I'd be concerned with how quickly it's beaten in if I was throwing it full time.

That's interesting you say that about VIP plastic. I wonder if it's just the blend they were run in. I have a couple VIP Giants and after a good year of use I would say they are almost as OS from the day I got them. We'll see how the TP beats in. I think the TP will be a bomber once a little HSS gets beaten out and the glide increases.

I don't know any one else's thoughts on this disc but I think it's the fastest disc I've ever thrown... Any other thoughts on this?

I'd say just slighly less OS than my giants. Doesn't turn over by any means but it goes farther before fading out. I'm really enjoying the low profile for FH's as well.

I have a VIP Giant and recently picked up a TP World. From what I have noticed so far, I agree with this post.

I have a VIP Giant and recently picked up a TP World. From what I have noticed so far, I agree with this post.

I third it. I didn't throw the World too many times (rim was huge, I have tiny fingers.....not a good combo) but I knew right away it wasn't an OS hog like my Giants. My TP, VIP Sparkle and even my VIP Air Giant are still mad beefy, and I can fully wrap my hand around their rims, so I'm good with those.

I did notice, and maybe this is just me, that the World had a noticeable amount of glide over my Giant. That might just be the Giant's extra overstabilty, but my VIP Air Giant has some good glide. If I had a little more explosiveness in my core, and slightly longer fingers, I think the World would be a good fit for me in slight to moderate winds.

Westside has been killing it with recent releases (I don't care for the Sorcerer...too flippy for me, but others are loving it) which is good. Maybe they are feeling pressure from the DD side of the Trilogy? LOL

I don't know any one else's thoughts on this disc but I think it's the fastest disc I've ever thrown... Any other thoughts on this?

Even with my poor grip on the rim, I would say the Nuke is faster. I can't throw that thing to save my life, but I was able to get a few good, quality rips with the World.

Also, I've thrown a Ninja so everything else pales in comparison haha

Im driving with Villains and Halos. The vip World is not as overstable as a PE Villain, but longer and more stable then a GL Villain. I have some seasoned Opto Halos as my longest discs, I think that the World outdrives them (need more time to tell), but I will probably save a Halo in the bag because they have some more turn and are easier to turn over.

Im driving with Villains and Halos. My vip World is not as overstable as a PE Villain, but longer and more stable then a GL Villain. I have some seasoned Opto Halos as my longest discs, I think that the World outdrives them (need more time to tell), but I will probably save a Halo in the bag because they have some more turn and are easier to turn over.

While you were throwing those discs in Norway, I was testing the same on a windy day in Colorado, USA. Found the VIP World to be slightly more stable than my GL Villain, and longer than the GL Villain. The World is more stable than my GL Halo. My 170g VIP World is also more stable than my 155g VIP Giant, but I'd guess that a full weight the Giant would be the beefier disc . My typical drive is 340'.

The World flies pretty flat for a long way, then seems to fade off suddenly, while the Villain has a more progressive fade. The World is faster, the Villain has more glide. I can sometimes get a little high speed turn out of the World when thrown into a stiff wind, but this doesn't result in much lateral movement at all. After today's testing I have a lot of faith in the VIP World in the wind. I'll probably use the World more often, but the Villain is still a predictable disc for me so I'll keep it as a backup.

I am looking for a very OS driver. I came across the Giant, World, NukeOS, Force, Xcal.....I have a flick, so maybe something OS as hell, but not like.....FLick OS.....any suggestions? PM me please. I need to replace my D1.....it is not the OS I was needing....D3 is plenty stable for majority of shots. Just want one high speed driver thats super stable

Yeah if you want a real over stable disc this is not it unless you only can throw 350'.

I got 420-450' of power and this is a straight disc with a hefty fade at the end. I would prolly rate this disc more of a 0,3. Which once it breaks in I'm thinking this thing is a going to be a bomber! I know there are other discs wider rimmed but this thing cuts through the air faster then anything I've ever thrown. I think this disc has the most maximum distance potential of any disc I've ever thrown.

And I know nukes and cannons are "bigger rimmed and should be faster" but this disc just seems to fly faster from start to finish. This the big skips at the end of the flight

So what's your latest opinion on the World? I am loving this disc the more I throw it and I can see it being my main driver in the near future. I can't wait to see it's flight path once broken in. I love the straight flight path with the hard hook and big skip at the end.

Has anyone else notice how fast this disc comes out of your hand? It's freaky fast...Jimmy John's would be proud of it :)

Latest posts