• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Worst injury played with...

Glenn Wishner

Been playing with a messed up rotator cuff and a partially torn MCL. Like a dumb@#s, I can't stop playing! I'm sure this has been posted before but...what's the worst injury you've played DG with?

A rolled ankle at worst,anything serious is just stupid to play with.

Still playing with a herniated disc and 3 buldging disc in my back.

Playing with 2 herniated discs L3-L4, L4-L5. They didn't want to mess with those when they went in to put titanium rods and screws to get space between L5-S1, since there wasn't a disc there after I had a climbing accident. I have a few that feel out of place between my shoulder blades and in my neck, but I don't have insurance so I can't get anything else "fixed". I would not recommend surgery because at least before the surgery I would have good and bad days. Now I wake up every morning wondering how bad of a day I'm going to have. And since I have no insurance, I have no way to get any medicine to help. Been living this way for almost 2 years. :(

Thats bad. Way worse than my separated shoulder and partially torn rotator cuff.

Yeah the sciatica is the worst part and it feels like it takes forever to get loose. It has hurt my game a ton but i keep trying to fight through it.

Im just in love with disc golf

Played an A-tier a few years back while passing kidney stones. Sucked bad but didn't quit. People that quit tourney rounds with one puTT left to save their player ratings are woosies, especially pro's that do this!

I have been to the doctor and I do need surgery at some point in the future. I have broken lots of bones and F'ed my self up bad snowboarding and the orthopedic doc (that I have been to in the past) told me that I should wait as long as I can for the surgery because when I will probable need more surgeries on my shoulder throughout my life. I have done most of the damage snowboarding and I am not going to quit that anytime soon. The doc told me that the worst I can do is tear it more. I all ready need the surgery so if it does not bother me that much I should wait. I have had three surgeries from this doctor already and everything has went as good as it could go.

That being said if you think you have a bad injury you should get it check out. It is kinda dumb for me to play as much as I do because it does hurt my shoulder, but I can't help it I like to play to much.

yea, i like to play too much to just quit. I didn't play for a while because i was scared of how the turning was going to effect me. I just have to make sure that i stretch before and during a round. the pain sucks, but playing makes it worth it.

Playing with 2 herniated discs L3-L4, L4-L5. They didn't want to mess with those when they went in to put titanium rods and screws to get space between L5-S1, since there wasn't a disc there after I had a climbing accident. I have a few that feel out of place between my shoulder blades and in my neck, but I don't have insurance so I can't get anything else "fixed". I would not recommend surgery because at least before the surgery I would have good and bad days. Now I wake up every morning wondering how bad of a day I'm going to have. And since I have no insurance, I have no way to get any medicine to help. Been living this way for almost 2 years. :(

That sucks... this is kinda like my doc told me. He said even though my shoulder might not be great right now, after the surgery it will never be the same.

yea, i like to play too much to just quit. I didn't play for a while because i was scared of how the turning was going to effect me. I just have to make sure that i stretch before and during a round. the pain sucks, but playing makes it worth it.

Keep up the good attitude man, play as long as you can that what I say. Probably a good idea to check back with a doc as soon as you have the insurance though

yup. When I tell people I've had back surgery, they always are like "aren't you a little young?" I was out of the hospital the next afternoon and back at work 2 days later. Couldn't afford to miss much of work, but I did limit what I did. Disc golf if almost the only way I keep in shape, well that and cycling. You never really think about how much your lower back plays a role in absolutely everything you do everyday.

Now if only I could win the lottery, I'd be set to be the bionic man and launch discs for miles :)

broken pinkie toe on the foot i throw off of caused me to miss what most say is the best tournament in the area, still occasional pain when i step funny or really open up for a shot

played disc golf with a torn rotator cuff in my non throwing shoulder. It didn't really affect my game much. I broke my leg in 2 places playing ultimate and finished the game.

played 2-3 months with a partial tear in my rotator cuff....then it tore completely during my first throw of rd 3 of a 2 day event.

6-7 months of rehab...and i learned how to throw correctly...without issue and pain. BEST thing to ever happen to my game..LOL

L5 tear and bulging disc, L3 bone spur. 2nd steroid injection coming next week, surgery next month lol.

I now use this due to my injury and can't believe how it helps me get out and play.
cartphoto.jpg

Latest posts