• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Compare] Wrath vs. Saint vs. Escape

For me Saints are a little longer than Escapes. Escapes have a touch more fade. I prefer Saints out of the two and currently bag a Saint. I haven't had a chance to throw the Wrath so I'll defer to others on that one.

Wrath is an awesome disc. mine is neutron and I think 173g. It, for most part, has replaced my volt and worn in tesla. In calm conditions I can just mash on it and it wont turn but just sail dead straight b4 a penetrating fade late. In mild headwind it will drift to the right a little b4 locking in on the line and will ride it almost dead straight to the ground. If you have ever thrown a crave it is very similar only faster.

Of the 3, I have only thrown a saint, and it was more understable than what inbounds represents on their website. Just my 2 cents.

In the past I thought Inbounds had some pretty good flight ratings, but the only one of the three I would say are accurate on that chart is the Escape. The Saint is less stable than the Escape, and the Wrath is both more stable and faster than both. To put it in Innova's numbers I would call the Wrath 10, 4.5, -.5, 2.5. The Escape would be 9, 6, -1, 2 and the Saint 9, 5, -1.5, 2.

For reference, I have thrown 3 Saints, 2 Escapes and only 1 Wrath so far. From what Mike C says, it seems the Proton Wrath has less fade on it than the Neutron.

I've found an escape to be like an orc or something similar to that and a Saint to be that very touchy long Fairway driver that can do any line, but likes a bit of room to work and the wrath doesn't need much roo. But needs more power to get the intended flight.

Let the disc golf wisdom flow. Thank you all for the information. Much more definitive then the inflight guide.

What flight characteristics are you looking for might be the better question.

Do you want crazy glide but susceptibility to the wind? The Escape is a pretty good choice.

Do you want consistent flight that is extremely rangeable? Get a Volt.

Do you want a longer Volt? Get a mid 160s Proton Wrath.

The Wrath has absolutely nothing in common with the other two aside from th fact that they're round. It's way more overstable.

Wrath:

Escape:

No videos of the Saint but I've tossed them enough to know what's up.

IMO the Amp is more comparable to the Escape / Saint.

Also the Neutron Wrath's I've thrown were a touch more OS than the one in that video.

Last edited:
The Wrath has absolutely nothing in common with the other two aside from th fact that they're round. It's way more overstable.

My thoughts exactly. I just threw my Wrath from the preorder this weekend. Too early, and not enough throws to issue judgement on it, but I agree with Mike. Well...my wrath and saint both blue so theres that too.

I have a recycled Saint that is quite stable. It doesnt get thrown much since I got Truths dialed in from 225-350, therefore it doesnt have much wear but its a great disc. Glidey, stable and nice little fade at the end to come back or finish left.

I had two fuzion escapes. Did not like the rim. Could not get them to flip up or turn with precision consistently. maddening experience. I haaaaated those discs so much I left them both at SeaTac for the next sucker at Tee #14 or so. On the other hand I have a friend who abandoned most of his high speed drivers for Escapes and swears by them.

No experience with the Wrath.