• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] X-LINK soft

dsbearsfan

Recently got an Ascent in soft. Came in the mail and is severely warped. Any suggestions on how to get the disc to return back to normal shape?

I heartell that nuking it will do the trick.
Some other Vibram fanboy would have to give you details.

Pretty sure being warped is a soft Vibram's job!

Leave it out in the sun for a day or so and see if that helps.

Pour some hot water in it, let it sit on the table until it cools.
Put something on it if needed to get it flat while doing this

its a soft floppy thing who cares at all if it gets warped a little. that seriously has to be a damn joke. I can roll up my soft ridges like a taco and throw them into the basket then take out and toss around just fine.

Its going to look like hell real quick in that regard. You bought a wet pancake stiffness disc. I mean?! who gives a **** bend the thing back in place seriously that's just crazy talk. I hope this thread gets closed honestly newbie or not seems like a troll IMO.

Microwave works good for Vibram. Try like twenty seconds on medium. Go higher as needed.

Spinning in the air will straighten the soft vibrams, until they land and become warped again. If this bothers you then you got the wrong disc unfortunately. Each soft Ive held in my hand the holding has been enough to warp it

This is my third soft disc and I expect them to be slightly misshapened tacoed. Normally when they return back to room temperature out of the cold there is some return to normal. The one I just received was tacoed, and the one side of the taco was also taco' ed. I can't get a return to a reasonable amount of warping.

I'd try the boiling water trick, first, I think. Fill it with boiling water and place a pot on top of it until it cools to room temp.

X-link firm: warps due to heat and/or abuse
X-link medium: less likely to lose its shape but might under certain conditions
X-link soft: will not warp, per se, but may lose its shape due to unforeseeable conditions, which I have not yet encountered