• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Prodigy] X1 Driver

Ugh, I wish they'd release this X1 last. The D1 is over stable enough for me. I'm needing a meat hook fairway and mid in Prodigy plastic like, right now. It would complete my bag and I'd be a perfectly happy customer of theirs.

I think a series of OS discs in different speeds + a series of speed 9/10 tweeners would round out Prodigy's lineup nicely. I'm sure the pros are just begging for OS utility discs. It seems that right now if they're throwing an all Prodigy bag, they have to hunt through the D1's to find one that came out really OS to use in that slot, which is not optimal, especially to replace something like a Firebird.

Their younger players, amateurs, and some of the pro women would probably all like a series of speed 9/10 drivers since the D series might not fit smaller hands/slower arms. Anyway, if these rumors are true, kudos to Prodigy for doing the obvious thing and rounding out the lineup. Hopefully it won't take 6 months to get all of these in stores.

If they made something like a first run C line PD in a little firmer blend of 400s, I'd buy a stack.

Need a Firebird ish disc, hopefully this is more Firechicken than Stiletto.

How is it not specific? I mentioned a specific run of a single mold. Do you want me to say "Man I hope they make a disc that flies like a 171g yellow first run C line PD with the stock stamp after it's hit a parking lot a few times then had the burrs sanded off a couple times"? And how can they make exactly something non specific? Have you ever thrown a first run C line PD? Those that have know that they are not really like any other PDs out there with the combination of a flat top, overstability, and good glide in one comfortable feeling package.

I hope they make a disc that flies like a 171g yellow first run C line PD with the stock stamp after it's hit a parking lot a few times then had the burrs sanded off a couple times

Exactly what I wanted.......................except in pink:(

My ideal lineup for Prodigy....we shall see

Ideal Lineup (coming from me, of course)

D0 --like a Stiletto
D1 -- we know what it is
D2 -- "
D3 -- "
D4 -- "
D5 -- "
___

H0 -- Like a Monster / FLick
H1 -- Like a Starfire
H2 -- Like an Orc / Pulse / Avenger
H3 -- Like an SL / Wraith / Valkyrie / Surge
H4 -- Like a Beast / Sidewinder
H5 -- Like a Roadrunner / Monarch
____

F0 -- Like a Firebird (duh)
F1
F2
F3
F4 -- Like a TL / fresh XL
F5
F6 -- Like a beat XL, or Zombee / Impact or Glide
F7
_____
M0 -- Like a Drone / Gator
M1
M2
M3
M4
M5
M6 -- Like a seasoned Meteor
M7 -- Like a Stratus
____
Pa0 -- ZONE (derrrp)
Pa1
Pa2
Pa3
Pa4
Pa5 -- Like a beat 300 Pa4...haha basically.. (not a necessary disc)

The reason for having a F6 F7 M6 M7 is for younger players or new players to get the hang of it easily. Though I use my F7 a ton. But I have heavier 400s 174-176g But they rule

Ideal Lineup (coming from me, of course)

That looks pretty good, except I think instead of D0, H0, etc., they are doing X1 through X4 or 5. I would also add the PD to the list of discs similar to an H2. Oh and a Firebird is not a fairway driver, it's a speed 9, so I think your idea of H0 would be a Firebird (or in actuality it's probably the X2).

How is it not specific? I mentioned a specific run of a single mold. Do you want me to say "Man I hope they make a disc that flies like a 171g yellow first run C line PD with the stock stamp after it's hit a parking lot a few times then had the burrs sanded off a couple times"? And how can they make exactly something non specific? Have you ever thrown a first run C line PD? Those that have know that they are not really like any other PDs out there with the combination of a flat top, overstability, and good glide in one comfortable feeling package.

I guess I need to end some of my post with (sarcasm) when I intend to be sarcastic...

It has a large, D series thpe wing I believe. It will be a stiletto ish disc

That's kind of a bummer. I love both, but find the FB much more useful. Not that I don't love the Stiletto though.

I dont get that way of doing it. X1, X2? They already have 1,2,3,4 etc signifying the STABILITY. So if X is gonna be OVERSTABLE, then 1,2,3 etc is going to be the speed/distance? That will be dumb, I use my M3 as a straight mid but my X3 as a SUPER OS Mid????? They should stick with what I wrote up top. Don't confuse, make it smart and simple....so dumb

**and to answer....I use a 400 Pa4 and 400 Pa1: 300 SE if it is wet (the SE plastic grips better when damp)

Pa1 (especially 400) can handle power. I throw mine with solid power and a good release and it flies like a buzzz, basically straight a little bend to the right and almost always fades back softly. Pa1 is great for approaches with nice lil fade. I love the Pa4 400 for straight to understable approaches of course. and angle of release will just adjust whats going on. Hyzer release Pa1, hold the whole way, Hyzer release Pa4 Flips straight maybe bends understable and holds straight. Anhyzer Pa1 and it holds and flattens out straight. Anhyzer Pa4 and it holds completely. I am a fan of those 2 discs for all my short range and control stuff. I now am mainly putting within 30 ft with the Pa1 as it cuts a little bit hyzer and so itll stick the chains (my Pa4 often would hit right of chains and bounce out) It all depends of course. Uphill putts I use Pa4, Downhill will depend on the look, but usually Pa1. Wind=Pa1, etc, etc you all know

I love that last line, not a necessary disc, what do you throw?:p

I only used that line because I think a Pa4 is pretty understable. Though I think a Pa5 would be really cool, probably not for actual putting, but as an approach disc Or for youth/ams.

I love the hell outta Pa4's tho. I have too many....looking to sell 2 unused ones 1 400 Black (sweet dyed) and 1 SE Gray . both awesome, i just have plenty of pa4s

Latest posts