• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

You know you're addicted to DG when...

When you have the whole table of co- workers at coffee break watching and listening to you try to explain how OS and US discs work , and your mountain manager walks by and asks. " how's the new house and do you have a course built in your new town yet ? ".

"Well , I put in 9 Tonals , pulled 2 after I reversed the direction and now I'm wandering the other section of forest to try to get the rest in ! "

And all my buddies are on the lookout for appropriate scrap metal for the rest of the Tonals .

Just another day at the office......:)

Idk if I would want to have the fear of someone I'm playing with to have a heart attack.

Don't need saving someone's life on my mind.

Played a round in the middle of Texas summer with a guy I met on the course. After telling me that he picked up disc golf as a way to get exercise after having two separate heart attacks, he then pulled out a bottle of liquid and gave me instructions on how to properly administer the stuff should he suffer another. It was a little unnerving.

I started knowing I was a DG nut when my brother and I were having two hour phone conversations solely dedicated to disc golf. We also have a photo stream on our iPhones of countless numbers of discs. Also, my Instagram has nothing but pictures of discs and courses.

I started knowing I was a DG nut when my brother and I were having two hour phone conversations solely dedicated to disc golf. We also have a photo stream on our iPhones of countless numbers of discs. Also, my Instagram has nothing but pictures of discs and courses.

Same story for me :hfive:. You also know you're addicted to disc golf when your screen name is DG addict24.

...when checking your mailbox is the most exciting part of your day.

My wife and I have one mailbox key. One. So when she has it with her at work, and I'm home knowing full-well that there's new plastic sitting in the mailbox, I turn into a mental patient. This happened one too many times, and now the key does not leave the house.

When you park a yet unreachable hole and text your buddies almost immediately.

The vast majority of pictures on my phone were taken to show buddies shots exactly like this.

When a new 18-holer opens 100 miles away and the first review gives it 2 discs and you think, "I must investigate this".

When you park a yet unreachable hole and text your buddies almost immediately.

My phone camera is used almost exclusively for pictures of discs. Whether it's discs I've purchased, good/bad lies, great putts, or great drives.

When you drag your wife on what turned out to be about a 5K walk that looked "so close" on the map just to say you played a round in another country. Oh and did I mention that was during our honeymoon? Yea my wife loves (and hates) me!

When you drag your wife on what turned out to be about a 5K walk that looked "so close" on the map just to say you played a round in another country. Oh and did I mention that was during our honeymoon? Yea my wife loves (and hates) me!

Ha, my fiancee and I just had a conversation about exactly how much disc golfing we'll do on our honeymoon to New Zealand.

Your addicted when you.... go into this site daily instead of practice putting. I now only read a couple threads, stupid pictures and marketplace. Most of all the other threads make me shake my head.:wall:

When you prepay a 2-day tournament knowing full well that it ends at 5pm on a Sunday, 300 miles from home, with your most important final exam of your college career (which you are woefully understudied for) at 8am the following Monday.

Its 40 degrees in pouring down rain, yet sitting in the parking lot ready to run league ... if anyone actually shows up.

When you prepay a 2-day tournament knowing full well that it ends at 5pm on a Sunday, 300 miles from home, with your most important final exam of your college career (which you are woefully understudied for) at 8am the following Monday.

That's always fun, driving home after a long tournament weekend knowing you have to be up early. I finished a tournament at 6pm or so on a Sunday, drove from south of St Louis back to Chicago and had to be at work at 7 the next day. Totally worth it. :p

Latest posts