• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

You pick my new MID!!!

Oops!

There is a reason that the Z Buzzz is winning, and people are trying desperately to convince you to choose their disc. The reason they just don't compare to th Z Buzzz.

If you think of the Buzzz in terms of beer it breaks down for me something like this: Pro-D Buzzz=Budwieser Select, X Buzzz=Budwieser, Z Buzzz=Bud Light, and ESP Buzzz=Bud Light w/ Lime. All of them are good, all of them tastle like a Bud, but most people like a Bud Light, same thing with the Buzzz. Take your choice either way you drink it, it goes down smooth.

That being said I'm a Coors Light man.

Comparing a disc to Bud Light is no way to helps its case. If the Buzzz is like a Bud Light then he better enjoy some Sierra Nevada and order his GL Fuse. Nobody should be forced to drink bad beer.

Your whole idea is flawed. Majority of responses will be the more mainstream disc and most popular. Its why your likely to end up with somekind of buzz or roc.

The best midrange combo right now is the Pain/Core/Fuse. If you choose one then your missing 2/3's of the picture. Between GL and Opto,,go with Opto. A thousand times better in the rain or snow.

Well, my suggestion won't make your short list but I thoroughly love my Supercolor Buzzz, 175 g. It does whatever it's told to do. It also takes a beating.

Comparing a disc to Bud Light is no way to helps its case. If the Buzzz is like a Bud Light then he better enjoy some Sierra Nevada and order his GL Fuse. Nobody should be forced to drink bad beer.

If it gets you drunk how can it be bad? IMO a GL Fuse like a nice bloody mary, you can sip on it all day, and as long as you don't chug it you're gonna be happy all day. Chug it (overpower it) and you are going to really unhappy.

No Shark huh. Alright, I'll throw out another under the radar vote, C or S MD2.

well i forgot it was sunday and PIAS is closed so the poll will continue til tomorrow. Although it seems a Z Buzzz will be making it in my bag unless some others do some catching up.

Due to all the fuss about people just saying random discs and not knowing what i was thinking i will let you in on my thoughts.

This is where i was at when I decided to make this Disc Idol.

Overstable - KC Pro Roc or Warrior
Straight - Mako
Understable - Comet or Fuse

If a Buzzz wins I'll probably buy a Warrior and either a Comet or Fuse along with my Mako. If the Comet catches up and wins I'll probably buy a Roc.

What exactly are you wanting your new mid to do? I'm assuming that the Mako is your go-to line shaping neutral mid so chances are you want a moderately overstable or maybe a clearly understable complement?

What exactly are you wanting your new mid to do? I'm assuming that the Mako is your go-to line shaping neutral mid so chances are you want a moderately overstable or maybe a clearly understable complement?

yea.. pretty much

I know it's been discussed to death in all kinds of threads, but I don't think I'd rely on the Comet to fill the understable mid slot. Maybe a Fuse or Meteor.

yea.. pretty much

Okay, now ask yourself if you want new mid to have a similar profile, speed, and/or diameter, etc. If that's important to you, pairing your Mako with a Roc (bead) or a Cro (smaller diameter) will probably not work out.

If you like the feel of the Mako, the MD2 is nearly identical (may have the same exact wing, except a micro bead--not 100% sure--but it is almost identical if not the same) making it a good overstable pairing... if you're into that sort of thing. :)

C line would be the most overstable plastic, and a good choice.

Latest posts