• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Your favorite downhill hole?

Campgaw #17, same as Mighty Gaw #9 in Mahwah, NJ

Short Tee (shown) 411 ft, Long Tee is 501 ft
picture.php

View of hill from basket, tees are past that ledge that you see
6503f29a.jpg

Ashe County #18 and #9.
Stafford Lake #6

Many others that were already mentioned.
DSCJNKY

Any discussion of favorite downhill hole has to include the (new) hole 9 at Ashe County. Hole 18 there is similar, also, but there's no pic on here.

f13f06a1.jpg

Edit: DSCJNKY beat me to it.

Any discussion of favorite downhill hole has to include the (new) hole 9 at Ashe County. Hole 18 there is similar, also, but there's no pic on here.

f13f06a1.jpg

Edit: DSCJNKY beat me to it.

Oh man, that is a saw your teats off kind of awesome. :thmbup:

A few...around Greenville & Columbia SC

17 @ timmons:
db17ab8c.jpg

10 @ foothills:
eec3302c.jpg

Off the top of a baseball mound, over a soccer field and then another 200' or so back into the woods.

I played both of those Tuesday with Mando. There are a couple of good ones on the "Steady" Ed at the IDGC, too. And speaking of Mando, Sugaree plays almost entirely downhill. There aren't any crazy long bombs, or hikes, but almost every hole plays downhill. I still haven't figured out how he did it.

Oh man, that is a saw your teats off kind of awesome. :thmbup:

I think that may be the short tee, too. It's been a while since the only time I was up there, but I remember one that was really huge. I don't remember if it was 9 or 18. Both look very similar.

Hole 5, Veterans Park, Arlington, TX

Look at where the basket is...oh wait..you can't see it. However its only about 350ft down

2e584aac.jpg

# 12 at Chattooga Belle Farm

This hole plays 455' from the tee in a straight line to the basket. It's 240' to the front water's edge and 350' to the clear the water. If the water scares you, throw the long way around on land and it measures 550'

While it doesn't look like it here, the tee is 75-100' higher elevation than the basket.

Attachments

• #12 CBF.jpg
    #12 CBF.jpg
    151.6 KB · Views: 31
424bd409_t.jpg

Holler in the Hills hole 18... ponds on the left and right, can't see them and OB rope about 50' past the basket. First time I threw it I chose a 3/4 Roc and still went OB long.. awesome hole.. awesome course!

Last edited: