• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] Your Putter Evolution

I would highly recommend the blend judge. It has most of the stiffness I like, its its just soft enough to where I get significantly lower numbers of bounce outs.

The bounce out factor is what made me shift away from the Judge. The Ion's are pretty sweet though, they might be kinda hard to give up.

Birdie > Soft Magnet > Wizard > Wizard & Magic

The combination of Gateway putters seems to be what was missing in my early years of playing. Now everything in the circle is reserved for the magic. Most other shots within 150' are covered by the Wizard...

Omega SS -> Wizard -> Ridge (very briefly) -> Ion/Anode -> Pure -> Clozer -> PA4 -> Wizard -> ???

These were all (I think) putters just for putting. I have a separate list for driving putters. They are all great discs and I would be happy if someone came up to me and just handed me as stack and took my current putters. I am using the wizard because they are easy to come by and they are very very versatile. The MVP and Vibram were great because they doubled as driving putters and cut down on what I needed to carry, but that could just be me being a wuss. For me, a putter is a putter inside 30 ft. (I am obviously not known for my putting) but I am very picky about my driving putters.

Original rainbow stamp birdie- silver stamp chains aviar- aviar p&a- r-pro aviar- jk aviar- KC pro aviar- classic judge

Merry Christmas now go throw.

Darren

Polecat>>>Yeti Aviar >>>Rhyno
Added Magic and Zone for driving and upshots.

first one was a red aviar. tried out challenger, wizard, kcp aviar, yeti, jk, pure, pig, ion, magnet, sole

ended up using my beat OG aviar for understable-straight drives, up shots and putts. have a freshy aviar for putting only. also bagged a kcp aviar for stable-overstable drives, up shots and putts.

I can't remember all of them, and of course I've tried just about every putter out there, but I'll go with the ones I actually stuck with for more than a month

BB Aviar (I use a mix of DX, KC and JK, so we'll just go with Big Bead Aviars)>Wizard>Pure>Mercy>BB Aviar>Rhyno>Ridge>BB Aviar>VP>BB Aviar>APX (swirl)>BB Aviar>Soft Magnet>BB Aviar>Banger GT>Birdie>BB Aviar>Classic Aviar>Small Bead Aviar>BB Aviar>XD>Ace>Classic Aviar>Aero (Used this for driver when I first started using golf discs as opposed to Frisbees, then converted it to a putter around '94-95)>'86 Softie (my first ever putter, and my first ever golf disc!)

I actually had to call my Dad to help me recall some of these. I know I missed a few.

I started with a pure. And up until a week or so ago I putted with the first pure I ever bought 4 years ago. Now its rff wizards :)

aviar > lightning rubber putter > vibram vp > pa4 > pa2 > SE pa4

i currently have both the pa4 in 400g, SE white pa4, and 300 pa2 white, love every single one of them and use them all.
might switch to pa1 instead of pa2 sometime in the future.
my past putters such as the vp and aviar just never stuck, at all..

Latest posts