• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

ZÜCA making a cart with Ricky

Jolt

* Ace Member *
On GK Pros latest video Ricky talks about making a "box" type cart with ZÜCA.

I really like the box type cart with top loading discs, so i have high hopes for this cart.
Anyone heard more on this?

How recently did he mention that? Rick just signed with Dynamic Discs and I figured he'd pull a DD cart designed by Zuca. Would be cool if DD had a Ricky box cart designed though.

How recently did he mention that? Rick just signed with Dynamic Discs and I figured he'd pull a DD cart designed by Zuca. Would be cool if DD had a Ricky box cart designed though.

It just happened. He's off of Ridge Roller now that he's with DD who has their deal with Zuca. So Zuca/DD/Ricky are basically designing a new cart to apparently be similar to his Ridge Roller. It's all part of his DD move.

Well I have zero interesting sitting on a cart at the lower height like a Ridge Roller.

That is why I specially brought a Zuca, tall and bad knees don't like to bend too much.

Well I have zero interesting sitting on a cart at the lower height like a Ridge Roller.

That is why I specially brought a Zuca, tall and bad knees don't like to bend too much.

I have tried a ZUCA and i feel like i have to Crouch down to get to the disc. .i feel like a top loading cart is easier on my knees.
The one top loader they have is kind of top heavy

I wonder what the price point will be compared to the price of the RR3 type... which are made by a small group in the US.

Is the Ridge Roller the goofy camping cooler with a handle that Ricky drags around? I've never seen one in person, but when I watch tournaments I always think about how awful it looks to drag around.

I wonder what the price point will be compared to the price of the RR3 type... which are made by a small group in the US.

For sure they undercut RR with their price.

Then we can have a Squatch/Octo like battle in the forums!

(Even tho RR copied Delta and no one cares)

I'm here and ready for it!

As a guitar player, I'm so used to these who copied who arguments.. guitar pedal circuits, amp circuits, guitar design... it has all been done over and over.... most make a tweak here and there and call it a day.... or simply use better technique or parts to make the same overdrive pedal..... and then there is a compnay named Behringer out of Germany that basically copied everything Mackie ever made in the USA.. and others... just stole the circuitry and then sold them for sixty percent less... eventually mackie had to stop manufacturing in the USA as they were losing profit as more customers moved to the less reliable, but much cheaper Behringer versions of their mixers or speakers.

I don't have bad knees, but I'm tall (6'6"). I had a Zuca, but I find that not having to bend/crouch to pull discs out the front of it is a lot nicer on my body (back specifically). That said, I also don't sit a ton, but I like the large seat on the RR when I do. Definitely lower, like sitting down on a chair, where the Zuca was more like a bar stool.

They have to undercut RR. They're going to make it out of lesser material I assume (which is fine, but it wont' be as expensive to produce), and I doubt it's going to be custom colors.

I don't come on here often because I get nothing but hate it seems.

Long story short. Delta constantly threatened me and my family with harm from 2014-2018 because I was making carts and brought zuca into the mix. Bryan from Delta was going to come to my RidgeRoller tournament and beat the **** out me he said. I got sick of it! after he f—-ed all his customers over I said that's it I'm making a box cart.(looks similar but very different)I Also helped out a ton of customers that he screwed over. So E money you have no idea what he did and what screw job zuca did to me. I'm a disc golfer Pdga 25359 go ask zuca who's a Pdga member at zuca. I'm building quality carts for my fellow discer I barely make any money and zuca on the other hand is making a fortune and laughing all the way to the bank. I'm going to keep building quality carts till I can't or I get killed by cheaper competition. Like my Dad always told me Quality always wins in the end. Peace Rollout Joe Robinson

I don't come on here often because I get nothing but hate it seems.

Long story short. Delta constantly threatened me and my family with harm from 2014-2018 because I was making carts and brought zuca into the mix. Bryan from Delta was going to come to my RidgeRoller tournament and beat the **** out me he said. I got sick of it! after he f—-ed all his customers over I said that's it I'm making a box cart.(looks similar but very different)I Also helped out a ton of customers that he screwed over. So E money you have no idea what he did and what screw job zuca did to me. I'm a disc golfer Pdga 25359 go ask zuca who's a Pdga member at zuca. I'm building quality carts for my fellow discer I barely make any money and zuca on the other hand is making a fortune and laughing all the way to the bank. I'm going to keep building quality carts till I can't or I get killed by cheaper competition. Like my Dad always told me Quality always wins in the end. Peace Rollout Joe Robinson

Joe... I know more then my post stated... my comment was made in jest... making fun of the squatch/octo cry babies. (If you have read that Squatch thread you would understand that my comment was made with sarcasm)

I bought one of your first carts you made in collab with zuca with the RR badge....(i think #7)I know they screwed you over and I know alot of the delta sh@t.

It was not meant to be a negative comment at you or your company in any way. That's the internet for ya lol. Didn't mean in it the way you took it or it was implied.

Sarcasm font would have been a better choice with my inside joke post.

Apologies

Eric Oltman

Last edited:
Thanks Eric I appreciate that! RR has come a long way from your first cart and thank you for the support I truly appreciate it more then you can imagine!

Thanks Joe

Is the Ridge Roller the goofy camping cooler with a handle that Ricky drags around? I've never seen one in person, but when I watch tournaments I always think about how awful it looks to drag around.

It's really not bad. Significantly heavier than my Zuca which is VERY light, but that's because I've got the metal box sitting on it. That said, it's not cumbersome to pull around. I only ever notice the weight when I bump into it and my RR doesn't start falling over like my Zuca would based on the center of gravity of each.

I assumed Ricky would be using a transit since it was the most similar to the r3 and delta he used in the past and he didn't seem to like the Zuca backpack cart when he used it briefly.

I won't be surprise if his new zuca cart is some sort of modified transit.

I assumed Ricky would be using a transit since it was the most similar to the r3 and delta he used in the past and he didn't seem to like the Zuca backpack cart when he used it briefly.

I won't be surprise if his new zuca cart is some sort of modified transit.

Ricky said id would be a lower cart with a "box" and you could have the box in different colors.

Maybe they just put a box on a EZ Cart....

Well color me interested. I have a compact and dig it. Navigates pretty good, I think, even on rougher courses. I like the box style carts, too.

Latest posts