• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Zone: Most Unique disc ever??

TOURNEYPLAYER

*Reform School Scholar*
Bronze level trusted reviewer
Is there any disc by any manufacturer that is as unique as the Zone by DC. leave out the Epic or any other gimmick discs. im talking production discs that have no possible comparable counterpart. prove me wrong please. im not just talking about stability. think, feel,shape,speed,stability,glide. everything.

bring it

Finally, an overstable putter. I've always thought there should be one, now we have it. Great utility disc. Most guys I know have kept it in the bag

ok. does it have a unique flight too? i mean just because it feels or looks diff doesnt really mean it is unique.

I havent thrown one so I dont know it. but are there other discs that fly the same or similar?

yes they are unique. but that is falling more into the gimmick side of things. do you see anybody using them? I guess i should have been more specific.

The Blow Fly and the Arrow are bizarely unique, and MVP's two piece discs are too. Who can forget the first unique disc, the Aero?

ok. does it have a unique flight too? i mean just because it feels or looks diff doesnt really mean it is unique.

I havent thrown one so I dont know it. but are there other discs that fly the same or similar?

It's very glidey (yes, I'm making up words). I haven't found anything like it.

If you want unique flight, how about the Nuke OS? The Ape is the next closest and it doesn't even compare!

The Blow Fly and the Arrow are bizarely unique, and MVP's two piece discs are too. Who can forget the first unique disc, the Aero?

yup, I'd say the ion before the zone. I don't see anything special about the zone. Even the rhyno seems more unique to me.

Arrow = suck

Ape & Nuke OS = pretty much suck,honestly,I know a guy who bombs,and even he didn't see a need for a disc that stable,maybe if you're playing in gale force winds constantly.

back to the topic,yes,the zone is incredibly unique,it doesn't feel like anything else,and the flight is amazing.

i don't throw my zone often,but when i do,it's parked.

in most interesting man voice ;|

Blowfly is unique except the Gumbputt is almost identical. Nuke OS flies like nothing else but it looks like every other high speed driver. the point I was getting at is the Zone is the only disc I have ever seen that is almost concave on top. has a thin rim. is super beefy and as durable as anything on the market.

anyone else got something?

P.S. Arrow is made by Aerobie so it doesnt count.

The Ion is unique in its molding. but does its flight really separate it from the rest?

Rhyno is not unique. Pig is almost physically identical. Tank too. just a bead for difference.

Zone flies abt like a beaded Gator or #2 sharpshooter so thread over.

Zone = Shorter Drone

the juju is not a gimmick either.

Zone flies abt like a beaded Gator or #2 sharpshooter so thread over.

Absolutely not. zone is way beefier and looks nothing like a gator. read the OP.

Zone = Shorter Drone

the juju is not a gimmick either.

again, read the OP, describing it as a different version of the flight of another disc does not make it comparable. comparable is a drone and a gator. the only innova mid even on the beefiness level of a zone is the Viper and it is much faster and looks way diff. how is the JUJU not gimmicky? what purpose does it serve? how many are produced? do they still produce them? who throws them besides u?

Last edited:
Id say the ringer is more unique than a zone, shape and stability, Zone is more mid like than putter, and is shaped alot like an XD IMO.

The Ion is unique in its molding. but does its flight really separate it from the rest?

Rhyno is not unique. Pig is almost physically identical. Tank too. just a bead for difference.

here you denounce the ions uniqueness due to its flight. You should read your own post I guess

here you denounce the ions uniqueness due to its flight. You should read your own post I guess

I said there is no disc like a zone, nothing even close. the ion does look diff. but it flies like other discs. there is no disc with the look of a zone. no disc with the speed and stability of a zone. and no disc that feels or flies like one. what do I need to re read?

Latest posts