• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Zone: Most Unique disc ever??

it feels so similar to my buzz its crazy

Troof.

I call it the Buzzz's "little brother with a Napoleon complex."

They should all have this stamped on them:
images

The zone is arguably one of the best approach discs I have ever owned. Its been a mainstay in my bag since it was released (matter of fact its the only discraft discs that makes it into my bag). Its one of a kind and I haven't tossed anything that I would call "similar."

^^ Amen.

Zone in Z plastic... you guys are killing me! :wall: that would be incredible.

i still don't understand why everyone is clamoring for a z zone... it would have way less glide/distance potential and be less accurate because of the skip you get with z vs. esp plastic. can someone chime in and explain this?

there was some chatter last year that they were going to discontinue making the ESP Zone which is about as dumb as it get to be honest. Its has to be one of the most popular discs out there. I don't know of anyone locally that doesn't have one.

i have heard some of this recently too.. i hope its not true.. just doesnt make sense :doh:

i still don't understand why everyone is clamoring for a z zone... it would have way less glide/distance potential and be less accurate because of the skip you get with z vs. esp plastic. can someone chime in and explain this?

I think it would be the same reason any disc is in Z. why do they make a Z buzz? or a Z comet? i think those are both very accurate disc. I use my Zone for skip shots and if I can get more skip thats even better. plus like I said it will fill out my Z collection. only that Z Ringer and Magnet are elluding me.

yeah i love skipping my zone.. more skip just seems crazy lol .. i would love to have a z-zone but doubt it would ever kick out my esp..prob end up in a box or on the marketplace :p

wish they would put a z zone out or a cryztal zone!

Sign me up for a Cryztal FLX!

I have a Z Drone adn Cry FLX drone and they complement so well. Z fades a bit quicker and gets a nice skip, flx fades a hair or two later turns good and hits and sticks!

I would not call the Zone the most "unique" disc but this seems to be turning in to a Zone lovers thread and I am completely down with that. I throw the Zone about 80 FH. I was never able to throw midranges/putters FH and the Zone completely opened up my game. It is a good OS putter, fantastic approach disc both FH and BH and is great to drive with on >300 ft holes that need a little hyzer finish.

I threw the zone and it barley skips at all, not a bad thing just wondering why you guys think its a big skipper?

Also i have been liking it for putting, the thing doesn't roll for me when i miss compared to my other putters lately.

Zone not skipping? Must be getting rain. Texas is a dust bowl right now...the zone definitely skips.

I threw the zone and it barley skips at all, not a bad thing just wondering why you guys think its a big skipper?

Also i have been liking it for putting, the thing doesn't roll for me when i miss compared to my other putters lately.

you throwing the ESP? my esp is a crazy skipper.. or can be if i want it to.. i can get it to not skip much if i really try but if im worried about that i just want throw it lol... the d-zone i had was very tacky so i wouldnt be surprised if she didnt like to skip but my esp excels at it :)

wow thats very surprising to hear.. will it skip well if you hyzer it? i havent found an esp zone that wasnt a natural skipper.. like i was saying before i can throw it for less skip but usually always does a lil bit

Latest posts