• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Zuca / Dynamic Transit Cart

bbwrenn

Birdie Member
Anybody picking up the new transit cart or seen it in person?

I play a lot of courses blind and love the option of having either bag or cart, so I strongly prefer a cart that stands alone like this one rather than strapping my bag in and out. I also carry a ton of water (100+ oz) in the summer and need some extra space for that, beyond what most of the stock carts offer. This cart looks like it checks both those boxes perfectly so I'm kicking the idea around but haven't committed yet.

Attachments

• 8323-3.jpg
    8323-3.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 125
Ordered it over the weekend, got it last night. Seems super solid and exactly what I wanted, but obviously the test will be playing with it. I'll try to get some pics and a little review up this weekend after I use it for a few rounds. I didn't order the bottom rack bags, I wanted to play around with it and try home made stuff before I commit to ordering the dynamic/zuca ones since they're fairly pricey. ($30 each unless I misunderstood, and I'd definitely want a pair.)

From the pics it looks like a modified Backpack Cart, just added a shelf to cut it in half vertically. I have had no issues with my backpack cart seems to be built pretty solid. Already had a Grip bag so going backpack cart was an easy choice for me. This seems like a nice alternative option especially if you like to pack some coolers. Enjoy and congrats on the purchase.

I think it might be annoying to have to lift the seat every time I need a disc...Other than that this looks like a great product.

I like the idea of the disc access being higher up with extra storage down low. Please keep us posted and take some pics of the inside of the top when you get some time!

Looking at picking one of these up. Anyone have some insight into pros and cons vs. other carts and also what accessories/upgrades are nice to have?

I think it might be annoying to have to lift the seat every time I need a disc...Other than that this looks like a great product.

It probably is, which is why I never got one. Then I got a Ridge Roller and just leave the seat up most of the time. I think if you can manage a way to keep the seat up the majority of the time (probably a magnet like the RR uses) then it's probably a good idea. I can tell you the difference in my back from getting discs out the front of a backpack cart or the top of a RR is night and day. I'll probably never go back to anything that isn't top-loading...even if it means the hassle of the seat every time (and honestly for casual rounds, I'm never sitting anyways, so that part becomes moot).

Looking at picking one of these up. Anyone have some insight into pros and cons vs. other carts and also what accessories/upgrades are nice to have?

Find a better bottle holder, the stock Zuca ones are terrible. Get a better putter pouch, again, stock Zuca isn't good. I'm seeing a lot of molle panels being added to the backs of them, seems like a great idea.

Does the transit cart have a shelf the bag sits on or is it held in place by the velcro attachments? If there is a shelf, is it removable?

Well, I'm taking the plunge into cartworld with the Transit...hopefully get to try it out next weekend. I picked up the squatch earlier this summer (secretly always wanted an octohaul but could never justify 5 bills for it). Between 25-30 discs, 2 liters of water at least, and other random things...I am literally soaked from sweat by the end of a midday round. My back, neck and shoulders haven't been feeling great either. All this takes away from the joy of throwing and watching discs fly. I am hoping a cart will help out and from what I've read it seems like it will. (Also secretly becoming aware im 45 and ... feeling like it lol)

I picked up a transit. I love it, even though there are alot of hills in my area it still left me with more energy at the end of the round. I picked up the putter pouch, an accessory pouch, the cooler and a better bottle holder. Totally happy with all purchses and I am planning on upgrading the other bottle holder at some point. I also picked up the repair kit, time will tell if that was a good purchase. You can take the bag out to wash it and it does sit on a shelf

I picked up a transit. I love it, even though there are alot of hills in my area it still left me with more energy at the end of the round. I picked up the putter pouch, an accessory pouch, the cooler and a better bottle holder. Totally happy with all purchses and I am planning on upgrading the other bottle holder at some point. I also picked up the repair kit, time will tell if that was a good purchase. You can take the bag out to wash it and it does sit on a shelf

Is the shelf removable? It looks like there are two screws on each side of the crossbar that the shelf sits on...this leads me to believe the shelf might be removable...in case i want to throw a backpack on there?

Is the shelf removable? It looks like there are two screws on each side of the crossbar that the shelf sits on...this leads me to believe the shelf might be removable...in case i want to throw a backpack on there?

I don't see why not, from what i have heard, the Transit is a modified backpack cart

I've been interested in converting in the other direction: I have a backpack cart that I'd love to be able to convert into a Transit...

I agree that the frames appear to be the same sizes, so it would be a question of kitting out the Backpack cart with a few crossbars, a shelf - and of course, the bag.

Changing your Transit into a Backpack might mean relocating the front bar: it crosses lower on the Transit, and might restrict you ability to reach for discs. It's located higher on the Backpack cart: it's right across the front where the seat comes down to meet the frame.

It would be interesting to see the two carts side by side, and figure out how to make them easily convertible to one another.

(BTW: I've asked Zuca about buying a conversion kit for my Backpack, and they've told me none exists).

So, is the transit frame pretty much a modified backpack frame or is the large backpack frame?

My wife isn't totally stoked with her trekker setup and is exploring her options and while looking at the transit cart I mentioned maybe modifying her existing cart and adding a Soldier bag or something similar.

This is from the website.

TRANSIT:

DIMENSIONS
22.5"H x 16"W x 16"D
22.5"H x 24"W x 16"D (including wheels)
Insert Bag Dimensions
10.25"H x 14.5"W x 10"D (excluding front pouch)

BACKPACK LG:

DIMENSIONS
26.52"H x 24"W x 16"D (including wheels)

They don't make it easy to compare, since the only width they show for the Backpack LG includes the wheels!

I measured my Backpack LG frame and it's 16" wide. I'm guessing the Backpack LG, the Transit - and the Trekker - all use the same frame...(the Trekker appears just to be the Backpack LG with the insert bag included, but it carries the discs low, and the appeal of the Transit is that is carries the discs up top...).

This is from the website.

TRANSIT:

DIMENSIONS
22.5"H x 16"W x 16"D
22.5"H x 24"W x 16"D (including wheels)
Insert Bag Dimensions
10.25"H x 14.5"W x 10"D (excluding front pouch)

BACKPACK LG:

DIMENSIONS
26.52"H x 24"W x 16"D (including wheels)

They don't make it easy to compare, since the only width they show for the Backpack LG includes the wheels!

I measured my Backpack LG frame and it's 16" wide. I'm guessing the Backpack LG, the Transit - and the Trekker - all use the same frame...(the Trekker appears just to be the Backpack LG with the insert bag included, but it carries the discs low, and the appeal of the Transit is that is carries the discs up top...).

I can only verify that the regular backpack cart (not large) and the Trekker are one in the same.

I had a backpack cart before the Trekker came out and then bought the Trekker insert and put it in my backpack frame.

I can only verify that the regular backpack cart (not large) and the Trekker are one in the same.

I had a backpack cart before the Trekker came out and then bought the Trekker insert and put it in my backpack frame.

Yeah - there's a 2" difference in width between the standard backpack cart (14") and LG backpack cart (16"). And when you're looking to order the Trekker bag insert, they're very clear that you need to be sure which model you're looking for.

I gave my 7 cents worth in the Which Zuca and Why thread...

Got the Transit back in June. I've used it at Renaissance, Goat Island, RL Smith, Camp Canaan, Eastway, and many others. There isn't what I would consider a course un-cart-friendly enough for me to NOT use it.

It's made a huge difference in how my back and shoulders feel. (Loaded my E2 backpack once - once! - and carried it from my car to the firs tee. Soon as I got there and shrugged the bag off, I felt an ache across my shoulders. Went right back and re-loaded the cart. Never again, Johnny Dangerously!)

I don't think I'd want to disassemble it in any way, other than maybe taking the bag out for a washing. But that's just me, probably. You know the old saying: If it ain't broke, EarthRocker will break it, especially if it's a bone...But I think trying to customize one to be something else may not be the best idea. Bound to lose some sturctural integrity that way.

I've found that flipping the lid up to get a disc is no issue at all. It's an extra move, yes. But it's easy and smooth. In my old bag-days, I'd split cuticles trying to pull one out when it's tight in there. And I'd be bent to the ground doing it. With the Transit getting them up a foot, it makes all the difference. I'm telling you: it's a life-changer for me. (I'm 55 - take that into consideration. A whippersnapper doesn't care about that kind of stuff. Yet.)

I added the seat pad; putter pouch (the DD regular-sized one); rubber handle grip; and a cheap-ish skinny cooler that holds 6-7 beers plus ice, and fits perfectly underneath in the bottom storage - and, most crucially, an umbrella holder. God, what a simple and perfect thing to have on there...

Transit came in today! Psyched to play with a cart this weekend. Also the shelf is easily removable.