St. Petersburg, FL
Riviera Bay Park Share
Uploaded By: wellsbranch250   (Taken 12/2016)

Share URL:

Practice Only

5+    1/2/2017   1/11/2017
Review By: wellsbranch250
Pros: (0.000 Rating) This is not a course, it's a practice area.
- MAINTENANCE - The grounds are constantly mowed, trimmed and manicured. There is very little trash and a good amount garbage cans.
- FORGIVENESS - The odds of losing a disc due to an errant shot is near impossible, unless you put it on top of the palm tree by the basket.
- CHAINS - Basket is brand new. I believe it's a mach 2, so not the heaviest set of chains.
- RENT SHELTER - There are a few picnic shelters and huge pavilion that can be rented. I have added a link for the rental form at the Links/files tab for this course
- GROW THE SPORT - No doubt will this basket aid in growing the sport by offering easy access to learn the game at picnic type events.
Cons: - NIGHT GOLF - This is an ideal night golf practice area. Unfortunately park closes at dusk
- TEES AREA - Improvisation only.
- WAITING - Lots of park patrons using park for other reasons. I have had to suspend longer distance practice several times. One should be good however, to practice nonstop from inside 75 feet.
- WIND - Due to the lack of trees wind will likely be an issue.
Other Thoughts: - I only found this basket because I live a mile away and I was checking out the park for the basketball court. I go here often now to practice my mid range and putting.

- There are lots of art and element landmarks in this park. For this reason, I added the layout I play to make my practice time into a fun mini round. The layout feature 9 holes. A map of it can be found under the Links/files tab. I have also added pictures of the hole marking elements. The elements are; Beetle, Church Fence, Bat House, Grave, Basketball Court, Central Lawn, Flower bed and Puma, Tree Gap and East Fence. Play them in any order, but for simplistics, I have listed them counter-clockwise starting north.

- Hole distances are listed in order as stated in the above paragraph, 155, 270,150, 185, 255, 205, 300, 275, 260 = 2055