• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2011 Indiana Summer Series

Dave Walters

Double Eagle Member
2011 Indiana Summer Series.

All events are PDGA sanctioned. Overall points and payouts for the series.
More Information to be posted at a later day.

#1) Sun. April 17 - Muncie Open - McCulloch Park - Muncie - C-Tier

#2) Sat. May 7 - Boy Scout Open - Camp Cullom - Frankfort - C-Tier

#3) Sat. May 21 - Iron Horse (Ams only) - France Park - Logansport - C-Tier

Sun. May 22 - Iron Horse (Pros only) - France Park - Logansport - C-Tier

#4) Sat. June 4 - Terre Haute Summer Series - Deming Park - Terre Haute - C-Tier

#5) Sat. June 11 - 27th Circus City Open (Ams only) - Honey Bear - Peru - C-Tier

Sun. June 12 - 27th Circus City Open (Pros only) - Mississinewa - Peru - B-Tier

#6) Sat. June 25 - 22nd Checkered Flag Open (Ams only) - Brookside Park - Indianapolis - C-Tier

Sun. June 26 - 22nd Checkered Flag Open (Pros only) - Brookside Park - Indianapolis - C-Tier

#7) Sat. July 9 - Indiana State Championshis (Ams only) - Lemon Lake - Crown Point - B-Tier

Sun. July 10 - Indiana State Championships (Pros only) - Lemon Lake - Crown Point - B-Tier

#8) Sun. July 24 - Three Rivers Open - East & West Swinney Parks - Ft. Wayne - C-Tier

#9) Sun. Aug. 7 - Valpo Sumer Series - Rogers Lakewood Park - Valparaiso - C-Tier

#10) Sat. Aug. 27 - Pieradise Open (Ams only) - Pieradise - Peru - C-Tier (Series Finale)

Sun.Aug. 28 - Pieradise Open (Pros only) - Pieradise - Peru - B-Tier (Series Finale)

wow, thats quite a line-up there. If I'm in town next summer I'll have to hit the three rivers open. Mayhaps I'll plan a trip then to purposely play them.....

3 Rivers Open is one of the top events in the summer series. Not only is it our main local event but the courses are great and we always have a good turnout with good pay outs.

Hmm might have to come up for some. Why aren't any of these south of Indy? There's some great courses (Patoka Lake, Old English, Mesker...) that would be great to incorporate.

Hmm might have to come up for some. Why aren't any of these south of Indy? There's some great courses (Patoka Lake, Old English, Mesker...) that would be great to incorporate.

The majority of people who play in the summer series are from this area. Plus no one wants to drive 3+ hours for a tourney

Unless they are north of indy the events prob wont get added.

The series is ran out of Peru, IN and all the support for this series comes from up north. And those people wont travel to southern indiana for a series event just for the points. We have dealt with this issue in the past. I think there should be out northern Indiana summer series and a southern indiana

Some of you southern boys need to get your butts in the Indiana Ryder Cup Team Challenge. That way Fort Wayne's boys can stomp all up and down.

2 years in a row champions.

I dont think we can be touched

I've posted both of the series, Summer and Fall NORTHERN series on our site,Thehdgu.com. I've tried finding out the SOUTHERN series,both Summer and Fall and have gotten no response. If anyone has the dates and/or name of the series T.D.(s) please let me know. Understandable splitting it into a North/South IMHO. On another note; Dave any word on the course at rockhill? Or is it just rumor? Thanks!

Nice work Dave. I wish I was going to be in town this Summer. I'll be missing a lot of good golf. I will especially miss the Three Rivers tournament and any South Bend events. Oh well, save some tourneys for me in September.

2011 Southern Indiana Series
April 30 - Seviren Lang Memorial - Georgetown, IN - B-Tier
June 25 & 26 - Evansville Open - Evansville, IN - B-Tier
August 6 - Buffalo Trace Open - Palmyra, IN - B-Tier
September xx - Patoka Lake Marina Open - Wickliffe, IN - B-Tier(?)
November 6 - Pumpkin Shootout - Evansville, IN - B-Tier

More dates could be added. The date for the Patoka tournament hasn't been set yet, but historically it has been the weekend after Labor Day.

2011 Southern Indiana Series andmore...

The 2011 Southern Indiana Series currently has five tournaments scheduled, all of which are PDGA sanctioned B-Tiers. Last year the Buffalo Trace Open filled with 110 players and the Pumpkin Shootout filled two weeks after online registration opened. Our series is in its second year of existence and is growing rapidly. We plan on filling four out of the five events and the only reason that the fifth event will not be filled is because it is hard to find two hundred seventy golfers to come to a single event. There will be a website up shortly, where all information will posted. Our series is growing and we would love to see some of you northern guys at some of our events, but we understand it is hard to make a three hour plus drive. You guys continue to grow to work hard and we will do the same.
I would like to address the "Indiana State Championships." The idea that a state championship would be located in the most Northern part of the state is ridiculous. You are excluding the Southern half of the state. I believe there are three possible solutions to the state championships.
1. There could be a Northern Indiana State Championships and a Southern Indiana State Championship​
2. The State Championship could rotate and showcase the states premiere courses.​
3. It could be centrally located to accommodate all golfers.​
The only reason I bring this up is because I know myself and other golfers would like a chance to compete to be a state champion. (When I say you, i do not specifically mean you, but northern disc golf in general).

I would like to address the "Indiana State Championships." The idea that a state championship would be located in the most Northern part of the state is ridiculous. You are excluding the Southern half of the state. I believe there are three possible solutions to the state championships.
1. There could be a Northern Indiana State Championships and a Southern Indiana State Championship​
2. The State Championship could rotate and showcase the states premiere courses.​
3. It could be centrally located to accommodate all golfers.​
The only reason I bring this up is because I know myself and other golfers would like a chance to compete to be a state champion. (When I say you, i do not specifically mean you, but northern disc golf in general).

I completely agree 100%

Lemon Lake can call their summer sanctioned event something else for all I care. I would love to have a true State Championship with nice trophies and true bragging rights.