• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Action Needed - Cedarock Park no longer wants to set up the Rock Creek Course

avillion23

If you haven't heard, it seems that Cedarock Park management no longer wants to utilize the Rock Creek Course (Temp Course) for Sneaky Pete, and potentially never again. If you are like many of us, and hate to see this happen to the sport and the park; please consider a couple options. First, the Alamance County Recreation and Parks Commission meets every third Tuesday of each month at 6:00pm at the Alamance County Annex Office located at 217 College Street, Graham, NC 27253. These meetings are open to the public. The next meeting is August 20th. Second, we need to voice our displeasure and hopefully some of the feedback will come from the great group of Disc Golfers who played in the Masters Tournament. Disc Golfers from all over the WORLD spent their time and money in Burlington/Alamance County. Without the Rock Creek Course, that amazing tournament would not have happened. Each time you play the course, please visit the office and voice your opinion. You can call them, email them, or send them a letter at:

Alamance County Recreation and Parks
3916 R. Dean Coleman Road
Burlington, NC 27215
Ph (336) 229-2410
FAX (336) 229-2411
recinfo[at]alamance-nc[dot]com

We have the manpower in this area to set up the course, and hopefully they will reconsider this decision. If you do call and receive feedback, please post your efforts and results to this page. Thanks a lot!

Yeah I heard about this earlier, I'll for sure send them a letter letting them know how much I love that course and that each time it is temporarily installed I make a trip up there to play it.

Yeah I heard about this earlier, I'll for sure send them a letter letting them know how much I love that course and that each time it is temporarily installed I make a trip up there to play it.

Ditto. Fantastic course.

What is their reasoning?
From what i can gather Allamance County Parks and Rec. is not to fond of Disc Golf. I think the main crux of the situation was the large amount of trash, mainly beer cans and plastic drink bottles that proliferated the Well Springs course.

I think things have improved vastly over the last few years but i think the damage was already done in the eyes of Parks and Rec.

These littering complaints pop up occasionally, makes me wonder why the club doesn't have a clean up day or something?