• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Canton/Medina, OH Area weekend of 10/26

8 might be pushing it for me. I expect the drive to be between 2.25 and 2.5 hours and I just don't do all that well getting up early. I planned on leaving as close to 7 as possible. If I'm late, I could just catch up to you guys when I get there.

A 9:30 start time burns too much daylight man. Go to bed after the Pens game on Friday and then wake up early and make the drive.

Just-Do-It.jpg

tbird, if Wingfoot is the last course, what's the one in the middle? Portage?

Last edited:
Wingfoot tourney this saturday. Not 100% set on going, but I might. Something to keep in mind regardless of what I do though. Its two rounds with an optional 3rd round of glow, so it'll be going on for a while.

As long as I don't throw it I'm down for 8 at arb, I'll still have time to sleep in even :)

Wingfoot tourney this saturday. Not 100% set on going, but I might. Something to keep in mind regardless of what I do though. Its two rounds with an optional 3rd round of glow, so it'll be going on for a while.

In other words, Wingfoot is out.

So Arboretum-Spiker and then… where?

I would to get up there and bag some nice courses and meet some cool peeps, T-Bird excepted.

Damn, George! At least give them the chance to learn on their own! :p Happy early birthday and belated congrats on the Ace Race win. Glad to hear you took the victory.

Smokey's good. Full of piss and vinegar as always but ready for a solid day (or two) of discing this weekend for sure. Have fun in KY. Beautiful area down there.

In other words, Wingfoot is out.

So Arboretum-Spiker and then… where?

I would say Portage Lakes as the other choice. Thanks for the heads up about Wingfoot Mike. Much appreciated.

Here's some out loud thinking...with Wingfoot being out, perhaps we could start at Portage and end at Arboretum with a third round option at Wildwood since it's close (I just don't want to finish with daylight left and be too far of a drive to another course).
We could also start at Arboretum and possibly try to join the tourney for the glow round at Wingfoot if it happens. I don't know how welcome we would be, but I would love to throw a glow round. I'd even be willing to kick in a few bucks to play as a separate card if the tourney isn't full.

duder, wake your butt up and come join us.

Arb / Portage / Wildwood would be a good combo. Long and more open, long and wooded, then wooded ace runs.

I don't know if the glow round is open to non-tourney players but I can try to find out.

I'm not going to get in the way of anyone else of course, but I'll be done at dusk. My wife and kid are coming along and being dropped off, as I said, and Sunday is my wife's birthday, so I'm not spending some marriage capital to play a glow round in 35° weather. :)

So is it 8am at Portage now? With Arboretum after that, and Wildwood if there's still time?

Whitefedora & I are Probably making it up there for this. el_duder we'll probably get a hotel if we go. Stay there Friday night so we can be there at 8:00 tee off.

Where are you looking to stay, Harkey (glad to hear you and Ted are joining)? I'm guessing we're starting at Portage because of Wingfoot's tourney. I'm also going to head up there Friday night and will probably stay near Portage.

Last edited:
Whitefedora & I are Probably making it up there for this. el_duder we'll probably get a hotel if we go. Stay there Friday night so we can be there at 8:00 tee off.

Cool.

Does the schedule I posted above make sense?

8am Portage, (~12) Arboretum, and then (~ 4) Wildwood if there's time?

Honestly it seems like plenty of time so long as we don't play slowly.

That schedule sounds good to me. I'm feeling more inclined to play with you guys than do the tourney.

iacas, that itinerary sounds fine with me. If no one offers another solution tonight, I'm going to book a room at LaQuinta (best dog-friendly hotel I've found) near Portage Lakes tomorrow morning.

That schedule sounds good to me. I'm feeling more inclined to play with you guys than do the tourney.

Come to the free side!!!! I have some new plastic (that I haven't seen a video from you for) I could bring for you to try if it would sweeten the deal. :D

That also doesn't include meeting the Smokestack.

Atlas, Nova, Blizzard Champ and FS Stiff Pro Pig, Blizzard Champ Condor (not new, but fun to throw). Anything you're looking to try but haven't? I may have it but am drawing a blank on what I've bought recently (spend way too much money on plastic every week).

I don't know, I like doing videos on anything that I haven't thrown before. Innovas overmolded discs would be cool.

Is LaQuinta better than Red Roof Inn for dogs? I've had mostly good experiences with Red Roof (for dogs and general value), but I think the last one we stayed at had fleas in the room. Fortunately, our pup gets Frontline every month and they disappeared within a day.

I'm good with that schedule and since I haven't played Portage Lakes before I have more motivation to there on time! :D

Harkey, I'll give you a call this evening and we can discuss.

Yeah I'm not a definite yet. Taking my social secretary out to dinner soon, I will let everyone know later if my schedule is clear.

Awesome, thanks Tbird. At the least I'd like to throw an Ion vs Nova and Axis vs Atlas on the test hole I use, arb #8. I'd be down to film one of the full rounds too if anyone wants, or just a few ace holes or something. Or I can keep it turned off, I don't care.

Is LaQuinta better than Red Roof Inn for dogs? I've had mostly good experiences with Red Roof (for dogs and general value), but I think the last one we stayed at had fleas in the room. Fortunately, our pup gets Frontline every month and they disappeared within a day.

I'm good with that schedule and since I haven't played Portage Lakes before I have more motivation to there on time! :D

Harkey, I'll give you a call this evening and we can discuss.

I really don't know about RRI. I've had some really bad experiences with them in the past so I didn't even consider them. I stayed at several LaQuintas on my trip to Charlotte earlier this year and didn't have any problems so I figured if it ain't broke...

Oh man, wish I could make this meet. But NOOoooo, My lady friend made plans to for the Natural Bridge area in KY to celebrate my 50th. I would to get up there and bag some nice courses and meet some cool peeps, T-Bird excepted. Jk Steve. How's the dog?
Have fun guys. Looks like I will be playing mt sterling , ky course, if I'm allowed. :(

It's YOUR birthday dude.

8 might be pushing it for me. I expect the drive to be between 2.25 and 2.5 hours and I just don't do all that well getting up early. I planned on leaving as close to 7 as possible. If I'm late, I could just catch up to you guys when I get there.

About the same for me, Google maps says 2 hours 19 minutes. I'll bet I can shave some time off that estimate though :D