• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Crockett Ice Bowl, Feb 25, Brentwood, TN

Yep.
You know; I often wonder when the am division winners are announced and the crowd cheers. "Move Up"!

What percentage of the crowd...
Sorta' mean it as a compliment?
Is Expressing their jealousy?
Join in with no thought?
Are undercover with the DG Bagging Police?
???

I often wonder.
Ron

For me,it's all out of love....have no problem losing to the competition....but have seen a few peeps jeering a little too seriously....

haha sometimes people really mean it. Like when Blair was kicking everyones butt a few years ago in Adv he was getting yelled at every win. He wanted to win enough baskets for a 9 holer. I got the same thing when I won like 6 INT in a row. I was trying to stay in INT all year but I finally couldn't cuz of my rating, it got to 941. 90% of the time its all in fun. Like Dana playing Adv Masters and winning all the time but if he moves up he gets his butt handed to him by Burde, Rodney, Mt. Man, and even farm fresh.

Good playing with you RD. Had a blast yesterday...oh and by the way, what type of discs are you giving out at the ice bowl? Innova? Discraft? Driver/mid/putter?

Good playing with you RD. Had a blast yesterday...oh and by the way, what type of discs are you giving out at the ice bowl? Innova? Discraft? Driver/mid/putter?

We are going with Dri-Fit tee shirts for the players pack, along with a towel, hand warmers and a beanie cap. A $20 value.

It can be hard to please everyone with plastic, and quite frankly. the ice bowl disc selection this year was sorta thin.

We feel everyone will enjoy this shirt, they look GREAT.

Cloud9 will be on-site for retail sales and payout, so whatever you may be looking for will likely be there.

Don't forget everyone, that a $6 Whichwich lunch will be onsite, and bring a couple extra bucks for the Ace pot, Fundraiser throwoff, and 50/50 raffle.
Lots of good Prizes!!

Wow...that's great. I was wanting to have an actual shirt I can play in all time. I know everyone likes plastic...but it's good to mix it up. Yeah...but it looks like the signup is filling up though.

What's the 50/50 raffle? What's the throwoff for? I've been looking at a new bag and think that my nutsac is getting a little small for the selection especially for the woods.

What's the 50/50 raffle?

Well, I thought I was going to be able to the raffle, but didn't think about that not legal in TN. (since its a form of lottery) So scratch that:doh:

The Throw off on the other hand is gonna be a CTP to a short pin near tourney central. Something to do while we tally scores and what not. The winner will win some prizes, all to be determined.

So my buddy was asking me about the ice bowl and looking at others...and was wondering about bringing canned food items. Isn't the ice bowl about something like that? I've never been to an ice bowl so I'm not sure....just wondering....thanks

So my buddy was asking me about the ice bowl and looking at others...and was wondering about bringing canned food items. Isn't the ice bowl about something like that? I've never been to an ice bowl so I'm not sure....just wondering....thanks

Good question.
So far all of the WCDGC Ice Bowl's have been fundraisers for Second Harvest Food Bank, this one included. Ice Bowls everywhere are set up to benefit the fight against hunger. A good thing.

And yes, some IB's collect cans of food (for lowered entry fees, etc) but our contacts at 2nd Harvest have advised us that they can buy so MUCH more food with our dollars than we can --- that they would rather receive $$ instead of cans. Makes sense.

So, there ya' go. No need to bring any cans.
Ron

So have never played a tournament here, what kinda scores can be expected in each division? I wont get to play the course until day of tournament so all my practice will be coming from horton..

Pro -4 low end
Adv -2 low end
Int +6 depending on the tees they play
When I won it I think I shot like +10 and won by 6

You better play INT. My rating is 930. That doesn't stop me from playing Pro. haha