• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Discraft Flick

I have thumbed mine, but it's a throw that I haven't worked much. I can definitely see how the flick would be a nice thumber disc. I need to practice my thumb shots. I really only use overhands for getting out of the rough.

the flick is extremely overstable. when releasing a right hand, backhand shot, you have to think of throwing it flatter or even try tilting it to the right. it's a great disc for turning around corners after a long shot.

It's also interesting for overhand shots over really high obstacles. Mine is so overstable, that it never turns onto its head at all. It just falls straight down. Which is really useful in some situations, me thinks.

I saw somewhere where someone noticed the first runs have a stability of 2 while the newer ones are 2.5 or whatever but dont think it was this thread. Anyway, this is the most recent Flick thread so I will post it here.

I got a first run from Bill and found that the earlier ones are domier and less OS than the flat newer ones and marked as such and can really bomb where a flat top one will but comes out of a flex a lot harder and sharper; the domier one gradually pulls out and keeps moving forward.

I love both for different shots.

I use my Flick alot... try to think of it as a baseball and throw it forhand from top to bottom... it goes very fast and very far... but it also stays very straight. It can become a very useful disc once you get the hang of it.

Latest posts