• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Echo destroyer/vulcan thing

Dr.Disc

Eagle Member
Im sure there may be a thread on my question if so I appologise in advance to any body whos anal bout reposts but I just got a echo destroyer on ebay it has the vulcan top I havent thrown a destroyer since 09 when I had a glow destroyer fetish so I know it probally wont fly like they did but I was wondering if it will handle oat well like the older destroyers or no like my vulcans would just throw it but wont get a chance till tommorow

Ahhhhhh, you got a destrulcan? Sorry buddy **** happens.

My experience has only been with the poppy top echo star Destrulcans in the high 160s. Compared to a regular echo star Destroyer they seem to have a bit less high speed stability but a bit more low speed stability. If you're throwing a hyzer, they're going to fly very similar. When thrown flat, they will track straight a bit longer than a fresh Destroyer before hyzering. If you're working a flex line, they hold the turn quite bit longer than a fresh Destroyer.

Overall the difference isn't that big, but it is noticeable if you're really trying to dial in some line or avoid OB.

Ahhhhhh, you got a destrulcan? Sorry buddy **** happens.

Wow almost my words exactley but I got it new for 1.04 with free shipping cant complain but im mainly wondering if it will handle o.a.t like a regular destroyer or not at all like my vulcans

Depends on how much.
The answer is, not as well as a reg destroyer.

The real answer is, dont buy discs that "handle OAT", just fix the OAT

It will fly a lot closer to the Destroyer than the Vulcan. I think you'll be fine. I've even thrown a few Destrulcans that were about as overstable as an Xcaliber.

Depends on how much.
The answer is, not as well as a reg destroyer.

The real answer is, dont buy discs that "handle OAT", just fix the OAT

Yah im workin on it still about 1 in 10 drives though if its not overstable I stand the disc up and get a roller but thats a drastic improvement if you can believe it

Yah im workin on it still about 1 in 10 drives though if its not overstable I stand the disc up and get a roller but thats a drastic improvement if you can believe it

Well based on your sig you throw mostly overstable discs, so you probably aren't rolling many discs. Go drive some putters and it will do wonders for your OAT problem... Let the "putter driving" arguments begin.

the glow destrfucans are very stable those might be the ones you are looking for...

get one without pat numbers should be money for you. esp if you like glow plastic.

I recently got an echo destroyer from a trade and I have yet to throw it. I have an AJ destroyer and love it for forehand. My question is how well will the Echo DS will match the flight of my AJ? Thanks. And how well do the Echo discs break in? I got it because a chip came out of my AJ. Thanks.

Latest posts