• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

European open on tv and the web

JR

* Ace Member *
http://yle.fi/ohjelmat/2254964
While i am not in charge of media and comms at the European open i might be the only staffer that comes here regularly so i decided to highlight this historic occasion. Finnish broadcasting Corporation channel 2 shows over an hour of the final of the eo final live nation wide on tv. The above link is the web broadcast. Sometimes the programs are restricted to viewers in finland but a proxy site should help with that. More info on www.opendiscgolf.com typed on mobile phone

I guess there will be plenty of video cameras on site during the finals. YLE, Terry Roddy and me most likely and i would not wonder if Esa Arokki is there too. Perhaps others too plus stills people and the spectators.

Crazy shot of the day at the presidents cup typo i know mobile phone at night... arttu sikanen tossed a long hyzer low ob left as a second throw on the longest hole and the disc flew as planned skipping off the ob road. Until it hit an oncoming car that sent the disc roilling back a looooooong way. Probably over 100 feet easily and the disc turned toward its top rolling back in with a huge roar from the crowd. And amazed comments by doss and wysocki on the same card.

Is there anyone who does not want to know who won? Do not read forward.

Europe put up a great fight and won some matches and others continued to the last hole with usa finishing slightly ahead. It was a surprise that given the rating difference not to mention d euro ladies tied the last round. And iirc cat got one point in the first round so there was an err cat fight going on. Sorry it is a long day and i am still working.

Will there be a way to see this not live? I mean will somebody upload this on YouTube afterwards? I would love so much to watch it but I have a German League ball golf tournament from Sunday 8:00-18:00. Damn. :|

I am not sure at all. Iirc yle site linked in the original post had sonething about lifetime of the event being some weeks. Opendiscgolf.com might have the info too. Perhaps it will get youtubed later. As for germans at the eo christine hellstern played well and is fifth and iirc two men got over 1000 rated rounds today. Mcbeast is besting the beast.

Allright, I will see.

Yeah I looked up the scores and saw a couple of my friends up there :) Would have loved to play there too, but not just yet. Maybe next year I'm good enough

Willkommen in finnland nächstes jahr. I asked yle guys but they did not know if the program stays up but usually they are up for a week. No help from opendiscgolf.com.

Oh yes, totally overread that.

Just one question...I already wondered about that when I played the doubles with you and your partner...How do you Finnish people speak without swallowing your tongue? :D This language is really so fascinating

luma said:
Oh yes, totally overread that.

Just one question...I already wondered about that when I played the doubles with you and your partner...How do you Finnish people speak without swallowing your tongue? :D This language is really so fascinating

Years of practice.

You can put all nouns in a language together and call it a food. A less theoretical difference between finnish and most langyages is a grammatically correct word that is not used normally. Ällistyttämättömyydellensäkäänköhän. Think that is long? Wait until that is translated into other languages. It is a long sentence. But only a word and a sentence in finnish. Sometimes weird foreign and odd is objectively better than what you are accustomed to. I do go as far as saying that most habits in any culture are total phooey compared to what has been invented already. Let alone compared to what will be invented later.

I agree. Me personally, I would not recommend Feldy's style. I like the other three very much. I just wish I could do what they do, but I can't. I watch and watch and watch but I don't know how to translate it into my throw.

First part of the finals is out. Not quite sure if I like the commentary myself but solid footage again.
Seems lighting was bit of a problem there.

Thanks for posting this. I cannot say much and this may be too much so i only have two words. Artistic freedom. Denied.

Latest posts