• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Gateway] Fellow Gateway Mystic owners/lovers, are these really the same mold? Album link in po

hisdudeness47

Birdie Member
https://imgur.com/a/KtJkwFY

Have thrown a 181g Evolution F2 Mystic for a while now. It's been dynamite for me. Love her to death. It does not have -3 turn. Id put it at -1. It is a right to left crosswind magician. I've even thrown it in headwinds on hyzer. lt hardly ever burns and is stable enough to get a baby fade at the end of most every shot. I just can't get enough of it. I also own a Piwakawaka, Svea, an ol trusty Super Stingray (which I also love), a Bounty, and there's another one I can't remember. Nothing has kicked the Mystic out of the bag yet. Anyway, I just ordered a 181g Diamond Mystic F2 from Amazon for $10 and received some witchcraft, although it feels amazing and I can't wait to throw it. I'm blown away that these are the same disc so I need to verify with you good Gateway people. Which is the weird one here? Or is this just how it is? These are F2s so maybe one or both are atypical? Evolution is on the left and diamond is on the right. Help me understand!

That evo has a much more blunt nose than any mystic I have seen. It sounds more stable as well. My discs are packed away right now or I would try to get you a profile picture. I have owned 5 or 6 mystics and they all a quite flippy (thrown at the same power they turn more than Magics).

Possibly the mystic got a retool between Evo and Diamond eras. Or the blunt one is an anomaly.

Are there any factory markings on either disc?
Are they the same diameter?

Last edited:
That evo has a much more blunt nose than any mystic I have seen. It sounds more stable as well. My discs are packed away right now or I would try to get you a profile picture. I have owned 5 or 6 mystics and they all a quite flippy (thrown at the same power they turn more than Magics).

Possibly the mystic got a retool between Evo and Diamond eras. Or the blunt one is an anomaly.

You ever seen or held an Evolution Mystic?

Are there any factory markings on either disc?
Are they the same diameter?

Same diameter and same height. Just pulled out the calipers.

There's factory ink on both (E-MY and 180 D-MYS) but nothing imprinted besides "Mid Range Driver" on the underside of the Evo

Last edited:
The Mystic mold was changed not long after it was released, the original one is more blunt edge and has the same top as the Scout and is a bit more stable, the diamond one is the newer mold with the Element top and is more truely understable.

Latest posts