• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

FIERCE documentary, super cut of all the super slo mo shots at the hit

did they take the documentary down or something?

did they take the documentary down or something?

It's not for sale anymore on DGN. But anyone who bought it has access forever.

I believe this release through DGN was a limited time so they take the sales figures to large streaming companies and try to get a wider release.

Surprising how much the disc warps at the hit/release! I wonder for how long it continues for or if once the disc is rotating it settles.

I'm 100% making this up, but I always imagined the plastic of a "beat-in disc" is softer then when new. Seeing how the disc warps out of the hand and how this might resonate more or longer with a softer plastic makes me wonder if or how much this contributes to the flippy-ness of a beat-in disc. I'm aware the dings can change how air flow around the disc, but it never feels like the complete picture why. Any insight is appreciated, but also thinking out loud.

It's not for sale anymore on DGN. But anyone who bought it has access forever.
Can anyone confirm this? I bought it back in September 2022, and when I went to watch it tonight it said it's not available to me anymore. Is something borked with my account, or did they really pull it entirely when they went to shop it around to streaming sites? I was under the impression from what Paige and DGN said back then that it was a forever purchase, but as I sit here waiting for support to figure out why I can't watch it, I'm left to wonder...

Can anyone confirm this? I bought it back in September 2022, and when I went to watch it tonight it said it's not available to me anymore. Is something borked with my account, or did they really pull it entirely when they went to shop it around to streaming sites? I was under the impression from what Paige and DGN said back then that it was a forever purchase, but as I sit here waiting for support to figure out why I can't watch it, I'm left to wonder...

The problem with the internets now days is we are making a lot of digital purchases, then with no say on how that purchase works.

Such as the purchase of a streaming video. it's like buying an... NFT ? I think that's what it is.

Unless you can physically download it or get it in your hands, its sketch to me. That's also why I have little remorse pirating some things. There should be 0 need to charge a physical copy price when it's digital only.

So, they probably pulled it when they changed things around and either never fixed it cause they didn't expect anyone to care, or something on their DB is messed up if its re-uploaded.

I don't see many intelligent digital decisions from disc golf companies to be flat honest.
MVP was one of the worse for the longest time. Years of field experts telling them it wont work, and bananna man fighting back against them cause he knows it all. Then us all laughing when their shit broke every time.

Apparently the words, "watch it forever" in their marketing only extended until they changed their streaming platform, and everyone who bought it under those terms has to pay them more to watch it now. Here's the response I got from support:

Hello,

Thank you for your patience.

Unfortunately, the issue you're facing is quite complex, as our new platform currently lacks Pay Per View functionality. Our previous provider, Vimeo, did have a feature that allowed users to purchase specific content separately from their subscription, providing independent access. On our new platform, however, an active subscription is required to watch the documentary. I acknowledge that this is a significant concern and understand your frustration. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced.

As a temporary fix, I have assigned a one-month subscription to your account. This way, you can log in and watch the Fierce documentary. I sincerely apologize that I cannot offer you exclusive access to the documentary.

Your concerns have been acknowledged, and we've already added the issue to our UI/UX improvements list. Our team is committed to making iterative enhancements to the user interface and experience, and your feedback will play a crucial role in shaping these improvements.

I have personally flagged this issue with our development team at Insys, and they are looking into whether it can be addressed promptly or if it might require a more extensive fix.

It's truly users like you that contribute significantly to the refinement of our product. Your proactive approach and willingness to share your experience help us identify areas that need attention and create a sense of collaboration and ownership among our user community.

I'd like to take a moment to address any concerns about the app's development process. While we have invested considerable time into developing our nine apps, we understand that even with thorough testing, certain issues can slip through the cracks. Your feedback is invaluable in expediting the improvement process, and we want to express our gratitude to you.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We want you to know that we are actively working on a solution and aim to release an update in the near future to address the issue you encountered. We appreciate your understanding and patience as we strive to enhance the DGN app based on user feedback.

If you have any further questions or if there's anything else you'd like to share, please feel free to reach out. Your continued support is instrumental in helping us create a better experience for all our users.

Thank you once again for being an essential part of the DGN community.

Apparently the words, "watch it forever" in their marketing only extended until they changed their streaming platform, and everyone who bought it under those terms has to pay them more to watch it now. Here's the response I got from support:

Hello,

Thank you for your patience.

Unfortunately, the issue you're facing is quite complex, as our new platform currently lacks Pay Per View functionality. Our previous provider, Vimeo, did have a feature that allowed users to purchase specific content separately from their subscription, providing independent access. On our new platform, however, an active subscription is required to watch the documentary. I acknowledge that this is a significant concern and understand your frustration. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced.

As a temporary fix, I have assigned a one-month subscription to your account. This way, you can log in and watch the Fierce documentary. I sincerely apologize that I cannot offer you exclusive access to the documentary.

Your concerns have been acknowledged, and we've already added the issue to our UI/UX improvements list. Our team is committed to making iterative enhancements to the user interface and experience, and your feedback will play a crucial role in shaping these improvements.

I have personally flagged this issue with our development team at Insys, and they are looking into whether it can be addressed promptly or if it might require a more extensive fix.

It's truly users like you that contribute significantly to the refinement of our product. Your proactive approach and willingness to share your experience help us identify areas that need attention and create a sense of collaboration and ownership among our user community.

I'd like to take a moment to address any concerns about the app's development process. While we have invested considerable time into developing our nine apps, we understand that even with thorough testing, certain issues can slip through the cracks. Your feedback is invaluable in expediting the improvement process, and we want to express our gratitude to you.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We want you to know that we are actively working on a solution and aim to release an update in the near future to address the issue you encountered. We appreciate your understanding and patience as we strive to enhance the DGN app based on user feedback.

If you have any further questions or if there's anything else you'd like to share, please feel free to reach out. Your continued support is instrumental in helping us create a better experience for all our users.

Thank you once again for being an essential part of the DGN community.

I .... mean, then provide a fucking download link after users can log in.
Import the "purchased" database to give access to it.

Bam, fucking done.

"oh but people will pirate it then"

Well, ships sailed at this point captain.

Thats like "ha ha, we got your money, uhh, we regret it, but only slightly, so here, is a bone that costs us nothing to put a small bandaid on it that doesn't fix the issue."

Other ways to resolve the issue.

Load database, mark out all emails that purchased documentary.
Email them.

"Hey our new shit doesn't actually work right, but you paid for this and we want to make sure you have acccess, so here is a download link."

Or put it up on youtube in a private thing. or unlisted.

There are SOOOO many fucking solutions to this issue.

I .... mean, then provide a fucking download link after users can log in.
Import the "purchased" database to give access to it.

Bam, fucking done.

"oh but people will pirate it then"

Well, ships sailed at this point captain.

Thats like "ha ha, we got your money, uhh, we regret it, but only slightly, so here, is a bone that costs us nothing to put a small bandaid on it that doesn't fix the issue."

Other ways to resolve the issue.

Load database, mark out all emails that purchased documentary.
Email them.

"Hey our new shit doesn't actually work right, but you paid for this and we want to make sure you have acccess, so here is a download link."

Or put it up on youtube in a private thing. or unlisted.

There are SOOOO many fucking solutions to this issue.
So many simple solutions, from a technical perspective. They widely, and very publicly touted the ability for people who purchased it to watch it "forever" (the word used by DGN and Paige Pierce). I never like to use the American "I'll suuueee!!11oneeleven" mindset, but that's unambiguously granting a perpetual license to view the content to likely thousands of people, in the way the sale was marketed and billed. There are some pretty stiff rules about that sort of thing, and they sold access to a lot of people...

Latest posts