• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How long did it take you?

I got over the "stage fright" of throwing in front of people and being self conscience about my throw by playing in a random draw doubles league. You can learn a lot from the people you are playing with, and you also realize even the best players have some awful shanks occasionally.

I was about to post the exact same thing. We used to have a pretty casual random draw doubles, with players of all skill levels welcome. It was a great place for new players.

In addition to all you said, they would soon find that there are other players who are just as bad.

And it helps the ego to be able to discard most of your worst shots.

I was wondering if I'm supposed to be good enough, yet.

Whoever has the most fun, wins.

I usually just go out and throw by myself. I don't really concentrate much on my score, but rather making good shots. I'm happiest when get a good shot, whether that be a drive off the tee, an upshot from the rough that slides up to the basket, or a long putt through the trees. I don't worry too much about bad shots. Seriously, I'm just happy to be out of the house and throwin frisbees in the woods...