• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How to defeat Ricky Wysocki

Interesting enough, while his forehand was/is superlative, he didn't ever win the whole thing while it was his dominant throw.

Most of his rollers that went awry did so in high wind. I remember him searching through discs for the right one. Might be a good time to consider a different throw?

Just an observation in watching Waco & Memorial and some other earlier 2017 footage.

Ricky is really going away from his forehand, especially off the tee. Other than on obvious forehand friendly holes. Also, seems to have fallen in love with the backhand roller shot off the tee on many a lengthy hole, with predictably erratic results -- wooed by the 1-in-4 600' foot drives that stay IB.

Ricky had the game's best forehand last year.

Early trend but seems possible that we are seeing a bit of what we have seen in ball golf, whereby the "best" (Woods, McElroy, Spieth) seek further improvement in their long games in all cases to the detriment of their overall play.

Now, I understand that Ricky is still right on top (or a whisker away from ) of the leaderboard at these recent events. Still IMO more forehands and less backhand rollers will serve him better

I can't say that Ricky shouldn't be throwing as many rollers but I do agree he certainly seems to be getting away from his forehand. It was especially noticeable playing alongside Koling and watching Koling throw what seemed an obvious forehand line while Ricky chose a backhand turnover or roller.

I said earlier in this thread that I thought shorter wooded holes would bring more players into the potential mix. Jerm missed a number of putts inside the circle in the last round, but when you're playing the wooded stuff the higher premium is on getting off the tee cleanly and James Conrad and he were the cleanest off the tee.

Please insert Eagle from AO, or Paul from some tournament last year. I think I'll save for retirement and not gamble all my savings on the Ricky is gonna win everything else bet at this time. Now Simon...

Ricky is great, but apparently the way you beat him is by having a Finnish caddy miss-score him on accident. Psst, Paul. You need to get a Finnish caddy. Trust me on this.

So it was a Finn, was it? 100% accurate on this?

Two and three should not be easily mixed up but who knows. I am just at a loss how do you caddy for someone and not pay enough attention to their game to be able to mark their score correctly even without prompting. And if they say (or you incorrectly hear them say) something else than what you just witnessed, would you not open your mouth to clarify?

I guess this horse is within an inch of its life but I thought it might survive a few more whacks. Especially when my national brethren are called into question.

So it was a Finn, was it? 100% accurate on this?

Two and three should not be easily mixed up but who knows. I am just at a loss how do you caddy for someone and not pay enough attention to their game to be able to mark their score correctly even without prompting. And if they say (or you incorrectly hear them say) something else than what you just witnessed, would you not open your mouth to clarify?

I guess this horse is within an inch of its life but I thought it might survive a few more whacks. Especially when my national brethren are called into question.

Twas a joke, no really. Let's make it easy. I'm from Oregon. We have notoriously thick non-English accents. His caddy was Oregonian, so the secret to beating Ricky is having a caddy from Oregon. Man, I thought we citizens of the United States couldn't take a joke. Well, okay we can't, but still.

To be honest, anyone really blaming the caddy with full intent, isn't placing the blame where it belongs... on the player. The incident happened twice, different environments, different people. The common denominator, Ricky. Hmm.

I think it was one mile more who pointed out that Ricky has a tendency to roam down the fairway in between holes. That tendency is gonna make it hard to get scores and keep good lines of communication.

Last, you're not beating a dead horse, you're beating the bones.

Then we need to keep it going till November :clap:

That is cold. Let me point out a thought. Both Paul and Ricky had the good luck to come to prominance at a cusp. The number of powerful 1020 rated players traveling has bloomed in the last five years. The notion that anyone is going to have a dominant win it all season is going to get increasingly hard to hang on to.

That is cold. Let me point out a thought. Both Paul and Ricky had the good luck to come to prominance at a cusp. The number of powerful 1020 rated players traveling has bloomed in the last five years. The notion that anyone is going to have a dominant win it all season is going to get increasingly hard to hang on to.

As sports grow the competition gets deeper and deeper. Fueling the debate that happens with all sports about whether the hot new player could have dominated the smaller fields of years past.

Thats because he thinks he is jinxed by posting to social media during tournaments. Little does he know that applies also to threads about him whether he participates or not

It should be said though that Paul did say that he takes full responsibility for the card being wrong on his watch; even offered to pay him the difference in prize winnings Rick lost. (Which I believe was $250.)

I assume he paid him in McPro Aviars, lol.