• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Las Vegas Ski & Snowboard Resort DGC

schroof21

Bogey Member
I know there are plenty of "Las Vegas" threads and that blinding website, but my questions are to this course specifically.

I visited Vegas early this year, and am planning on coming back next Fall. I definitely want to hit this course up this time (played Sunset last time).

Has anyone ever taken the "Private SUV Service" offered by the resort? Is it worth it if you can get 5 or 6 people together? I'm estimating ~$60 a person for the ride, tax, tip, and lift. Is this considered a limo a.k.a. can we booze cruise (mainly on the way back). Is it really only an hour each direction (from the strip)? Are good tennis shoes good enough, or are hiking boots practically a must? Any estimates on the rate of play?

Anything else you think I should consider that's not in here or the reviews please let me know.

Hiking boots are a must. This course has the most treacherous footing I have ever seen playing DG. The course is only open through Labor day, so if you come in the fall you will probably be out of luck. It is about an hour one way from the strip. It took two of us about 2.5 hours to play.

I live out here and help setup the course this year. I have never taken advantage of the "Private SUV service". The chair lift takes you to the first hole and the last hole ends at the resort, so there is no real need for it. You can drink while you play and the rate of play always seems to be pretty quick. Slower groups have always let me play through. It takes a couple hours to play a round (mainly because your hiking down while playing).

I would highly recommend a trail shoe at least, but if your comfortable hiking in tennis shoes then go for it. I've worn running shoes to hiking boots and I found it a lot easier with the boots. From the strip it takes about an hour to an hour and 15 min to get there. Not a bad drive. Don't take your best plastic as there are a lot of rocks/boulders. I have a small bag setup that I use only for courses like this.

Other than that I think it is a great time and a lot of fun. Just make sure it isn't a rainy day cause then it sucks. Haha. Also, on the other side of the mountain there is a great restaurant that you may want to consider on your drive back. I can't think of the name though.

This is a very rugged course. You can wear hiking shoes, but boots will provide more support.

Thanks for all the advice. I'll be going just before Labor Day, so I think I'll be good. But it looks like I'll have to have some extra packing room for the boots.

Latest posts