• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Legacy] Legacy Discs Vandal, Pursuit and Recluse (6/21/18)

I just noticed Legacy Discs has three new discs approved today. Anyone have any more information on them?

Maybe the Vandal will be a faster Rival? Perhaps a little Thunderbird-ish?

Thanks

Link to the PDGA approved discs: https://www.pdga.com/documents/pdga-approved-discs

All mids it looks like. Pursuit and Recluse are 1.5 cm rims, Vandal has 1.2 cm rim. Vandal is large diameter, Pursuit and Recluse are small diameter.

I was being a nerd and comparing specs last night.

Based on rim width etc, Vandal seems fairly similar to a Buzzz, whereas the other two seem somewhere between an Anvil and Justice. Granted you can't always tell just from the numbers.

Someone on a Legacy Facebook group also told me that the difference between the Pursuit and the Recluse is that one is beaded, and one is not.

I guess the Rico boys did an interview on some YouTube Channel last night, but damned if I can find it.

One of these is definitely Justice/Buzzz OS territory. I heard some Legacy guys talking about them at my weekly the other day.

Shame it's large diameter. Added glide is not something I want in an overstable mold.

I think only one of the three is larger diameter. I just saw a facebook video where Steve was describing that one as similar to a ghost but more fade, whereas the other two small diameter ones are beefier

I think only one of the three is larger diameter. I just saw a facebook video where Steve was describing that one as similar to a ghost but more fade, whereas the other two small diameter ones are beefier

Ghost with more fade sounds like a Wasp...is it flat top or domed?

Got to check out a friend's pursuit over the weekend.
Seems like a wasp or buzz os clone

Got to check out a friend's pursuit over the weekend.
Seems like a wasp or buzz os clone

My buddy gave me an icon first run pursuit after I complained about overshooting a forehand with my firebird at a range I wasn't comfortable flicking my seasoned hard harp (200' in 17mph+ winds.) The pursuit isn't a wasp or buzzz os knockoff to me. It's flat like a buzzz os from wing to wing where a wasp has a slight shoulder before a flat to domey top. My pursuit has a blunter nose than a wasp though not as blunt as a buzzz os. Also, like the buzzz os, the pursuit doesn't have a bead like the wasp, so hardly a clone in looks.

IMO, the pursuit is more overstable perhaps a different slot altogether, in more of a firebird fade utility role. I found the buzzz os to be more overstable than the wasp but the buzzz os was more of a speed stable flight. Once the BuzzzOS slowed the fade kicked in hard and dumpy. The pursuit is more in the justice/A2, find the ground category, with a steady hard fade that only power or big wind is going to straighten out like a mini firebird and skip where a beeftastic justice or A2 are just is likely to spike and stick.

The icon easily skips on low lines so that early flick releases are often still getting close to pin high where a similar error with my hard harp would result in a disappointingly short hit and stick. I'm finding the sweeping fade very workable on backhand touch shots and the softer flight plate makes for a great controlled feel and firebird-like sweeping fade and skips are getting me extra feet closer I didn't realize I was missing/thought possible.

I found a used Recluse in the bin today. Definitely Justice-esque. It's a sparkle Recluse and it's not as overstable as my sparkle Lucid Justice but not far off. Actually reminds me a bit like a DGA Quake, very slim profile save for the bead.