• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Midrange Drills?

I'm guessing I'm both gripping it too hard and rolling my wrist. I'll have to be careful of that. Thanks Rhynos4life.

I've heard people talking about throwing high nose down but have never gotten a good explanation.

Yeah no problem my friend. The reason everyone is telling you to throw nose down and high is because putters need more time in the air to get the desired distance so we throw the disc higher. We throw it nose down because a nose up disc will slowly climb, climb, climb, and after it has wasted all of its energy climbing vertically, it'll fall and and fade left(throwing RHBH).
To achieve nose down flight, grab a disc in your preferred grip (power grip for me) and just push down with the pad of your thumb so the nose of the disc is pointing at a downward angle (it doesn't have to be much). You should feel your forearm flex slightly.
After that it's just a matter of the angle you pull and release your disc on.

bocce disk? field, friend and a stack of discs... Was talking to my brother about this the other day and we figure each round one person would throw the jack (putter/ target) and the other would call an approach throw (bh anny, fh hyzer, whatever) then take turns throwing 3 to 5 discs and points go to the player with the closest disc(s).

bocce disk? field, friend and a stack of discs... Was talking to my brother about this the other day and we figure each round one person would throw the jack (putter/ target) and the other would call an approach throw (bh anny, fh hyzer, whatever) then take turns throwing 3 to 5 discs and points go to the player with the closest disc(s).

you are a genius ...

A buddy of mine just turned me on to 'Upshot 21'. Same rules as classic '21' with just a couple tweaks:
Instead of putting, pick a spot 100-200ft out from the basket and make an upshot from here - In the basket is 5 points, chains are 4, top or outer basket is 3, and pole is 2. You can putt out any unscored discs for 1 point, which forces you to think about your leave.

I've been doing this just myself - throwing one and then trying to get close with subsequent throws, choosing a style of throwing each time. Pretty good practice w/o having to drag the basket out to the field.