• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

More international stars in Finland Tali Open 2009

Here are two first videos from the next event President's Cup 2009. This competition is disc golf equivalent of the Ryder Cup pitting teams from Europe and the US against each other.

http://www.youtube.com/user/lcgm8#p/u/1/6Qwpy81e2f8
http://www.youtube.com/user/lcgm8#p/u/0/pWc-lt7N_9o

Unfortunately release of next videos, editing of Tali Open DVD speech and future projects has suffered a major blow today. Juha that is our and youtube member lcgm8 has been hospitalized. He's one tough guy calling me from ER 5 hours after getting hurt very bad. I'm sure he'd appreciate all the support and well wishing he gets because his recovery will be long and arduous.

JR said:
Here are two first videos from the next event President's Cup 2009. This competition is disc golf equivalent of the Ryder Cup pitting teams from Europe and the US against each other.

http://www.youtube.com/user/lcgm8#p/u/1/6Qwpy81e2f8
http://www.youtube.com/user/lcgm8#p/u/0/pWc-lt7N_9o

Unfortunately release of next videos, editing of Tali Open DVD speech and future projects has suffered a major blow today. Juha that is our and youtube member lcgm8 has been hospitalized. He's one tough guy calling me from ER 5 hours after getting hurt very bad. I'm sure he'd appreciate all the support and well wishing he gets because his recovery will be long and arduous.

I'm sorry to hear that. I wish him the best. What happened?

Ok, i'm back home and my left arm is safe now. It takes a couple of months before i film anything, but i sure will make better videos 2010. Thanks for support. Juha

lcgm8 said:
Ok, i'm back home and my left arm is safe now. It takes a couple of months before i film anything, but i sure will make better videos 2010. Thanks for support. Juha

I swear, there's something wrong when somebody who has given so many of us so much joy with the disc golf videos is struck with a bad injury. You'd figure that the karma points alone would have kept you healthy for some time.

Feel better soon.

Thanks so much for your generosity.

black udder said:
lcgm8 said:

I swear, there's something wrong when somebody who has given so many of us so much joy with the disc golf videos is struck with a bad injury. You'd figure that the karma points alone would have kept you healthy for some time.

And then some!

Desafinado said:
If any Finns can find a way to rip this and put it on youtube/vimeo or the like, that would be hugely appreciated. I've tried using several proxies to view this, with no success so far.
Here is the video on some random file hosting site. The resolution is nothing to write home about (512x288 px, FLV/h.264, 115 MB) but it's better than nothing. Sorry, YLE :)

Juha: pikaista paranemista ja kiitos hienoista videoista!

Hi, nice gonna download YLE version too :mrgreen: . Gotta say for producer Luomanen's sake. The guy was a bit in pressure. He got a ton's of different format and quality video files. And none of them were indexed any way. Every file were tagged with crazy amount numbers. It wasn't easy job, so he called me afterwards for certain clips he had seen on tube and asked me to check out certain material i had. Joni did any way great job. Thanks to him.

As healing of my hand goes, i'm still in danger loose to three fingers. Nights are nightmares, if i sleep in wrong position... In best scenario hand will come back 80-90%. Keep fingers crossed.

I was disappointed when I watch that YLE broadcast. Too many boring interviews, and almost 80% of throws were putts.
Long drives, rollers and accurate upshots, I expected to saw those but no :(

ps. How you hurt your hand?

tiger aqua said:
I was disappointed when I watch that YLE broadcast. Too many boring interviews, and almost 80% of throws were putts.
Long drives, rollers and accurate upshots, I expected to saw those but no :(

ps. How you hurt your hand?

Yes, i know and probably most of the players were disapointed with the program. It was made for to introduce sport for bigger audience. And only 30 minutes time limit. Well you can see more those throws in my videos. If i have time and get clearance for all audio, i'll release HD DVD's or blue ray versions of the competition. And for as low price as possible :mrgreen: .

Last morning i couldn't feel or move my fingers. I was dead scary for a moment. Hand was in wrong position when i woke up. Now i use less pain killers and phone wakes me up several times during night. There's more than 50 anchors melting in my wrist atm. Hand looks like Schwarzenegger on terminator 1. Enough for that, i'll inform you when i'm sure i'll be totally safe.

edit: oh' I'm thinking to use sexy chick to make some commentary like Anna-Riikka in Yle version next summer. Or at least try it :D .

Latest posts