• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Gateway] NEW REALM AND ETHER - GATEWAY DISC SPORTS

GatewayGuy

New Gateway Drivers - Check them out šŸ„

Have you thrown any of the new driver molds from Gateway? I am interested to hear your feedback! The Realm (Similar Molds: Destroyer, Force, Cloudbreaker) and Ether (Scorpius, Emperor, DD3, faster Wraith) are a completely different look for Gateway in the high speed driver arena - they are fast and stable with a ton of distance potential. Similar to the Spell (PD2, Xcaliber) these are going to allow any player to build a full Gateway bag with ease.

Let me know what you think so far, and if you are looking to check them out click the link above and use code GDS15 for 15% off your order!

We need these available in Europe. Would love to test them out!

My last gateway made driver experience has been the AGL Redwood. It would be really nice to compare those to the Redwood.

I know it's marketing but gateway never had any issues with its old drivers they just sucked at making decent plastic.

Bring back those tupperware baby blue domey illusions those were better than destroyers wraiths surges forces, but only in whatever that blue plastic was. The later blends of plastic the illusions came in rode the plh up so high they were just meathooks instead of bombers.

The Ether is my furthest flying driver I've ever thrown. It is very thin and very fast feeling in the hand without having a larger rim like a Nuke or Boss, but it just GOES. The Ether ends up 20-30 feet further on a pure straight line than my Journey and G-One do on a proper S-Curve flight, which seems hard to believe, but it's true. It flies like a beat-in Thunderbird that maintains stability and forgets to stop flying. The Realm feels good, but it's too overstable for my 400 feet of power and I will continue using the Spell for its torque resistance on forehands.

Gateway really brought their drivers into the modern age in 2023. The only thing missing between the Gateway/RDG/AGL/Full Turn family is a true Zone clone (I don't jive with the Devilhawk, Bab/Stego too OS, and the Warspear is too straight) and an Athena/Teebird clone. But cloning was never the name of the Gateway game, and they'll come up with something good just like they did with their molds this year.

But seriously, if you can only buy one disc right now, the NXT Ether should be the one.

The Ether is my furthest flying driver I've ever thrown. It is very thin and very fast feeling in the hand without having a larger rim like a Nuke or Boss, but it just GOES. The Ether ends up 20-30 feet further on a pure straight line than my Journey and G-One do on a proper S-Curve flight, which seems hard to believe, but it's true. It flies like a beat-in Thunderbird that maintains stability and forgets to stop flying. The Realm feels good, but it's too overstable for my 400 feet of power and I will continue using the Spell for its torque resistance on forehands.

Gateway really brought their drivers into the modern age in 2023. The only thing missing between the Gateway/RDG/AGL/Full Turn family is a true Zone clone (I don't jive with the Devilhawk, Bab/Stego too OS, and the Warspear is too straight) and an Athena/Teebird clone. But cloning was never the name of the Gateway game, and they'll come up with something good just like they did with their molds this year.

But seriously, if you can only buy one disc right now, the NXT Ether should be the one.
The Ether is a serious bomber! I've beaten in a Glow Realm a bit as well, and it goes just as far with more of a flex line while the Ether needs a bit of hyzer flip.

If you're looking for a Zone comparison, check out the new Houdini - has a deeper feel than the Zone with a double bead for added stability without sacrificing glide.

The 7 speeds definitely need a bit of an upgrade although I love all of the new Sabre runs, and if I need a Teebird flight I just use a HD Spear or Alpine Glow Locust!

I know it's marketing but gateway never had any issues with its old drivers they just sucked at making decent plastic.

Bring back those tupperware baby blue domey illusions those were better than destroyers wraiths surges forces, but only in whatever that blue plastic was. The later blends of plastic the illusions came in rode the plh up so high they were just meathooks instead of bombers.

I love those old Baby Blue Illusions, I still have a couple and one in the bag for max distance tailwind shots. The new Colbalt runs are similar, this was the first batch of Cobalt and had some different flights between runs but the domey ones are very similar to the older Baby Blues.

We need these available in Europe. Would love to test them out!

My last gateway made driver experience has been the AGL Redwood. It would be really nice to compare those to the Redwood.
We have some of the new runs headed that way now. Who is your preferred retailer - I will reach out now and get a shipment headed that way!

The Ether is a serious bomber! I've beaten in a Glow Realm a bit as well, and it goes just as far with more of a flex line while the Ether needs a bit of hyzer flip.

If you're looking for a Zone comparison, check out the new Houdini - has a deeper feel than the Zone with a double bead for added stability without sacrificing glide.

The 7 speeds definitely need a bit of an upgrade although I love all of the new Sabre runs, and if I need a Teebird flight I just use a HD Spear or Alpine Glow Locust!

I'm excited to beat in a Realm and compare it to my super beat up Platinum Spell. I can throw that thing 430 feet on a soft flipup/flex forehand and I can't eclipse that distance with anything else on forehand.

Houdini is too deep for my baby hands. Love the flight, but it's just too deep for me to reliably flick on Forehands.

I'll be trying to get some Sabres soon. Right now I'm using the RDG Chameleon for anything 7-9 speed until I need a true 9/5/0/2 out of a Diablo or an overstable shot from a Blade V2. There's also an old retired mold called the Hybrid that Dave McCormack told me about a couple weeks ago. I guess they reran them for the June Premier Box? Need to try that one out too!

I love those old Baby Blue Illusions, I still have a couple and one in the bag for max distance tailwind shots. The new Colbalt runs are similar, this was the first batch of Cobalt and had some different flights between runs but the domey ones are very similar to the older Baby Blues.

Those were damn good discs. It seemed to be all or nothing for a while when it came to driver plastics. Some of em were the best to date. I would take the plastic from milky white urethane sabres or nike spirits over any CE or more modern plastic.

What I am loving about the Spell, Realm, Carnivore/Ether is the touch of added depth over Illusion, Spirit, Blurr, Vision era gateway. Long fingers make shallow tougher backhand. . . I do wonder how my now improved forehand would like those old Illusions.

I'll be trying to get some Sabres soon. Right now I'm using the RDG Chameleon for anything 7-9 speed until I need a true 9/5/0/2 out of a Diablo or an overstable shot from a Blade V2. There's also an old retired mold called the Hybrid that Dave McCormack told me about a couple weeks ago. I guess they reran them for the June Premier Box? Need to try that one out too!

Sabre will pair great with the Chameleon. The smaller rim and stability means effortless dead straight finishes where the chameleon still wants to finish. Sabre for 1 angle shots (straight and turnovers that don't pan) and Chameleon for all the shapes flip up flex, slow standing sweeping hyzers ect...

We have some of the new runs headed that way now. Who is your preferred retailer - I will reach out now and get a shipment headed that way!
Do you know of any retailer in Europe that's carrying the Ether? I usually order from rocketdiscs.comnin sweden, insidethecircle or discwolf in Germany would be good options as well. I'd love to try more gateway discs, but they are really hard to get over here.

Realm and ether are 2 of my farthest flying discs as well. I've found the ether to be quite a bit less stable, it flies similar to my moonshine northman.
Love the cobalt plastic realm. The NXT glow is great in both discs.
I'd really like to get a G one in the cobalt or NXT. I'm not a fan of the diamond or hyperdiamond plastics.

Latest posts