• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Philly Area to Burlington, VT

Evilchurch

Fairly new player heading up to VT on a trip later this week through the weekend, will try to get some disc rounds in on the trip. Not at all familiar with the area or the courses. I've been reading up on the reviews so I'm getting some idea but I wanted to see if anyone had any recommendations. Also, let me know if there is something I shouldn't miss on the drive up/back.

According to DGCR map the following are close to my destination:
Pearl Street Park DGC
Williston Disc Golf
CVU High School DGC
Ausable Chasm DGC
Twin Ponds Resort DGC
Vista Beast
Vergennes School Community DGC
Smugglers Notch

Which route are you taking? Route 7 or I89?

The courses you listed in upstate New York are across lake Champlain. The transport time to arrange those logistics if you're staying in Burlington wouldn't be worth it.

Smugglers notch is an obvious recommendation, for sure. The remainder would be based on the route

Which route are you taking? Route 7 or I89?

The courses you listed in upstate New York are across lake Champlain. The transport time to arrange those logistics if you're staying in Burlington wouldn't be worth it.

Smugglers notch is an obvious recommendation, for sure. The remainder would be based on the route

Thanks for the input, I think were taking route 87 through New York to route 7 North in VT. I was just using the closest list from DGCR, thanks for pointing out the massive lake in between me and some of those courses. That helps narrow down my selection.

Either way I will be staying up in Burlington from Wed night through Sunday, and the wife has a conference to attend so I'll have some time to travel to a course or two and some breweries while I'm out and about. Are there any brewery courses up that way?

Warwick is a must stop! Brewsters Ridge and Fox Run at Smugglers Notch are excellent courses.

Alchemist brewery is in Burlington, VT, ever heard of Heady Topper beer?

Warwick is a must stop! Brewsters Ridge and Fox Run at Smugglers Notch are excellent courses.
Thank you for your input, much appreciated.

Alchemist brewery is in Burlington, VT, ever heard of Heady Topper beer?
Of course, I've had it many times (we get everything in Philly, and if not ppl bring the rare stuff to beer tastings). I'm just not a huge fan of waiting in line for beer.

Thanks for the input, I think were taking route 87 through New York to route 7 North in VT. I was just using the closest list from DGCR, thanks for pointing out the massive lake in between me and some of those courses. That helps narrow down my selection.

Either way I will be staying up in Burlington from Wed night through Sunday, and the wife has a conference to attend so I'll have some time to travel to a course or two and some breweries while I'm out and about. Are there any brewery courses up that way?

Stowe brewhall has a course on the property. It's a 9 hole course but to fulfill the dg brewfest quest, it certainly does the trick

Latest posts