• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Question: Does your PDGA Membership Auto Renew

dbrodeanu

Bogey Member
Hello,

I was looking into snagging myself a PDGA # and I was wondering how the process worked. I understand you go to their website, fill out pertinent information about yourself, pick your level (amateur for myself) and then pay the $50 dollar fee however, does it matter with what card I chose to pay it with and does it automatically renew.

Basically, I want to know if I can use any card to pay the fee and whether or not that card is the one that gets stuck to the account or if I can use a different one when it is time to renew my membership.

Thanks!

EDIT: Also, should I wait until October 1st to sign up, that way I get the full year membership?

Last edited:
It does not auto renew. You'll get a fresh chance, every year.

Whether you register now, or after October 1, depends on whether you'll play at least 5 tournaments between now and then....or whether the other benefits, including the status of being a member, are worth the cost to you.

It does not auto renew. You'll get a fresh chance, every year.

Okay, so it's just up to me to remember to renew it before the end of December 31st, sounds good.

depends on whether you'll play at least 5 tournaments between now and then

True, I wasn't planning on doing any tournaments this year as I just got back into the sport this month and need to get my feet wet with the sport again. Just wondering how the process worked because I may sign-up for October 1st and then hit up some tournaments next year when I have had this year to play and practice under my belt.

Much appreciated!

If you've given them an email address, they'll send you multiple renewal reminders. You don't have to remember....but the ball's in your court, your decision whether to renew, or not. And it's not "by December 31st"....you can renew a few months into the next year, if necessary.

I joined the PDGA when I first heard about it, just because I wanted to be a member of the sport's organization. Obviously, that's not everyone's standard. It's what I meant by "status of being a member"; if simply being part of it is of value to you, then it's worth joining now. If your main interest is avoiding the $10 non-member fee for tournaments, then wait. Neither is right or wrong; just an opinion that why you want to join may affect when you join.

When you initially join, you get a membership package (disc, marker, sticker, rule book). After that, you get a renewal tag and if there are major changes to the rules book - I believe you get a new rules book. You also get the option to buy the year's new member disc.

Weird thing about the new member's disc....they aren't all the same for the year. I bought the 2021 member's disc with my renewal and got a Latitude 64 Compass....I've seen on this site people saying they got other types of discs.

I like the fact that the membership doesn't auto renew....that way if I choose to not be active one year, I don't have to do anything. If for some reason I give up disc golf, I don't have to remember to stop my renewal.

Latest posts