• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] Similar to P1/P1x for putting?

krooster

Birdie Member
Now that the P1 and P1X are apparently discontinued (at least through 2021), I need to wipe the tears from my eyes and find a putter that is equally straight at low speeds.

I thought the classic aviar might be it, but I feel like it's not quite as neutral for my weak outside the circle putts.

Other molds I'm considering trying:

MVP Anode
Streamline Pilot
Legacy Hunter

Anyone have input/suggestions?

Forgot to mention, I like slow glidey putters, didn't click with the Fierce or Pure. The PA4 sounds intriguing though...

Almost certain the whale is the same mold.

The bottom/wing is the same, however, the top is not. The P1X has a P&A Aviar top while the Whale has the Aviar Driver or Aviar X top. I have not thrown a Whale, but it should have a little more dump and less glide than the P1X.

Magic and PA4 are virtually identical.

I think the PA4 is a bit shallower though. Magic is probably a little slower and glidier. But yeah they are very similar. I should break out my old Magic and throw it.

I'm guessing the OP's P1 and P1X were beaten in so his new Aviar Classic flies different. Just beat it in is another option. It'll straighten out.

Last edited:
What do you mean by the Classic Avair isn't neutral enough? Too much fade, or too much turn?
Too much fade Challenger SS
Too much turn Roach/Steady/Steady BL.

Classic Aviars. Find used ones or hit chains on a few hundred putts.

For a non beaded putter, the aviar is a classic for a reason. My old bricks are so straight that I had to stop bagging them in favor of something more stable to manage blowbys on longer runs.

For beaded: Guessing now that DM is not making them, one of the other companies that sell off-label innova molds (millennium, infinite) will probably pick it up. Does anyone have experience with the Scarab? Heard it described as a shallower whale, which is what a P1x is.

For beaded: Guessing now that DM is not making them, one of the other companies that sell off-label innova molds (millennium, infinite) will probably pick it up. Does anyone have experience with the Scarab? Heard it described as a shallower whale, which is what a P1x is.

Infinite picked them up

The p1x is a scarab

The whale is a myth

As mentioned before the p1x is a vtech aviar PandA. The whale is a vtech aviarX.

Latest posts