• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

SSS dyes

NKlassy

I'm gonna do some more dyes tomorrow but Ive never tried to dye any SSS plastic. I wanna dye my Super Stupid Soft magic. Has anyone tried dyeing any Sss before. Wanna know what to expect before I try it.

Not gonna work well. Baseline plastics tend to not hold dye, and if they do it's super muted and looking faded from the jump.

I dyed my SSS white wizard, it took dye surprisingly well for baseline plastic. It faded rather quickly and is now dull, but still better than no dye at all. It took better than the pink SS wizard I dyed, although the SS didn't fade quite as much as the SSS unsurprisingly. I also dyed a SSS voodoo, which was a darker steel blue, it didn't take color hardly at all and now you can barely see the dye. If you stick to lighter color discs, they'll take better. The Vinyl also seems to have a harder time sticking to baselines of any flavor due to extended time required to sit in the dye, so I wouldn't try anything intricate or complicated, not really worth the time and all the risks of bleeding.

SS%252520Wizard%252520-%252520Disc%252520Giant.jpg

It's very faded now, and the red is almost non-existent, but it took dye almost as well as the omega super soft I dyed.

I dyed two SSS discs and one faded completely and the other is barely visible.

I've dyed a bunch of SSS discs, plan on three things: simple designs, single colors (dark colors are better), and let it soak for a long time (24hrs no heat, 2 hrs with heat, I'd do a combo). They will fade but if you let it soak in long enough it will take and hold for a while.