• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Tee sign render/sample for my home course

Uncle Dougie

Double Eagle Member
Working up 2 sets of signage for my home course in Rockford, IL @ Anna page park. This sign sample doesn't have the par info in it, but they all do now. I thought adding the qr code for our course here at dgcr would be a nice touch for reviews and info.

Just wanted get some feedback because I know there other fellow designers in here. Be gentle..:):thmbup::)

This sign sample is from our east course...The other 18 are for the west course and our third course, south, I'll finalizing those later this year or early next.

28883182270_1734519e7e_b.jpg
[/url]EastSignRender by douglas adcock, on Flickr[/IMG]

Nice work! Not sure the silhouette of the guy on the tee adds much in my opinion, but otherwise looks great to me (No designer experience here, just a regular dg'er who appreciates a good sign).

That looks nice indeed, though there might be a bit too much action on a relatively small sign. Next step is a board with an entire course map next to hole 1, in case you haven't thought about it yet :)

Like it, lose the silhouette.

Very nice. Could do without the silhouette and the tee that the silhouette is standing on.

I like the design. I've never been big on photos on the teesign. They usually don't work, but I like it with the map.

I'm not sure if the mount is what you're thinking of, or if it's just a mock up. But every sign I've seen that's at an angle (not sitting vertically) has turned into a bird perch and is covered in crap after a couple of years.

I think it looks great, provides all the info you need, and I may be the only one, but I like the silhouette. It's a nice piece of flair.

I would make sure they can handle UV rays because that photo will fade fast otherwise.

I think that looks awesome. Would love to have some nicer signs around all of the courses. Seems the majority of the time they are missing torn up or tagged somehow. The one thing I would make sure of is that the signs are relatively scaled correctly. I hate when I see a good sign and it looks like a near 90 degree angle bend and 200 ft to the pin afterwards then you walk up on the basket to realize the sign was WAY more dramatic on its angle and distance after the dogleg than you anticipated.

Is there a particular reason why the fairway map is slanted on an angle? I found myself tilting my head trying to figure out how much hyzer (RHFH) or anny (RHBH) to put on a throw with that configuration.

I think it looks great, provides all the info you need, and I may be the only one, but I like the silhouette. It's a nice piece of flair.

I would make sure they can handle UV rays because that photo will fade fast otherwise.

Agreed. Silhouette is good. Great signs. What is the logo in the top right corner for; the guy with his arms up in victory?