• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Drivers] The best first distance/control driver

Do you know something we don't know? :p

I've only thrown the proton volt and it was great. Is proton more OS than neutron? Or were you referring to the fact that I would recommend both instead of just the amp? I guess the amp might be a slightly better choice.

I've only thrown the proton volt and it was great. Is proton more OS than neutron? Or were you referring to the fact that I would recommend both instead of just the amp? I guess the amp might be a slightly better choice.

I didn't know that Proton Volts existed.

The site doesn't list the volt in proton plastic, only neutron right now, maybe that's the problem? I assume you threw it, as it will come out in that plastic for sure.

Ah so you were one of the lucky few to throw a proton volt. Yeah man, most of us don't have a clue. I have all neutron volts. I can't wait for the proton to see hopefully a little more stability

I love me my MVP, but as a _first_ control driver, I'd vote Champ Leopard. Certainly if one has some skill, the Volt fulfills the distance aspect as well, but if I'm thinking _first_ + control, it's Leo. It's the only non MVP disc left in my bag. Perhaps ironically, I use my MVP 'fairways' as my main drivers. The Leo is like a 'tweener for my mids and the Amp. It's a true fairway driver in the context of my game.

Get a Valk, you'll love it, and if you don't, I will. I'm sure I've got something on the shelf you'd be interested in trading for.....

If you haven't tried an MVP driver yet you're missing out. I have an amp and want to try the others... The amp probably has the most distance potential out of their three as it is a little flippy. To me it shapes anny lines effortlessly while still being predictable. Definitely leopard-esque but faster.