• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Tips on how to putt?

Don't get locked into the term "putter" for a disc.

I recently realized that my beat up Pro Leopard flys just the way I want it to for putting. I've been searching for a "putter" and realized it was sitting in my bag the whole time.

I found a POS dx leopard that I will often throw if I'm 'intimidated' by the putt I have to make. It flies to stright and so easy it almost seems like cheating.

When I played golf in high school the coach would tell us to take 5 balls and putt 3-footers from south, east, north, and west of the cup. That way you didn't play the same break always. Once you made 5 3-footers in a row from one side you would move to the next side and so on, but if you missed any putts you'd start over completely. Once you made your 20 in a row you'd move back a foot or so and do it again. Needless to say you could be on the putting green for a great deal of time.

After I found a style of putting I liked, that is what I do now for disc golf (obviously at larger distances i.e. 15-20-25-30 feet). Moving sides makes it so you have to play different wind directions. My putting has definitely improved, ("improved" being a relative term ;)) but anything around and past 30 feet I have a tough time being confident and my tosses get squirrelly. Guess I need some more practice. :\

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/eq_bh_GtjtQ&hl=en_US&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/eq_bh_GtjtQ&hl=en_US&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

this .. it always helps

Latest posts