• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

what company should i start selling?

which disc company should i start selling?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Since the lat 64 requires a larger investment, I would lean forward Legacy, MVP, or Gateway Putters and Mids. And you mentioned disc sales are a minor part of of your operation. Why invest more money into a minor part of the business unless there is a shortage of disc retailers in your area and expanding your disc product line would mean more business? From my experience, I would stay away from Fade bags unless you are going to offer a can of plasti-dig with each purchase.

Go with Gateway, even if it's just putters or just putters and mids. Ignore all other answers!

I'd go with a tried and true maker of the best discs on earth. Quest. Seriously I'd highly suggest Latitude. Like others have said the discs are so pretty that they sell themselves. And the fact that they have several truly great molds in their lineup.

I would vote Lat64 because it's hugely popular now, they have great discs, they have new light discs for kids/ladies, and you could pick up a couple of their bag designs if you want. The only problem from a retail standpoint is that since they have so many beautiful discs, buyers can get pretty choosy and may look elsewhere if you don't have the particular swirl or color on the shelf (not that different from other companies, but noticeable with Lat64).

MVP wouldn't be a bad idea, but whether it gives you lasting sales will depend on your customers. Around here only one place picked them up...they've done a half dozen reorders, but there are hardly any MVP discs seen on the course and there are plenty for sale and trade. Since they're damn near indestructible, you won't see too many repeat customers unless they lose them or want to start a collection. So Maybe an initial order or two to see if they take off? They definitely get attention and next to standard discs they look really nice.

I'm becoming a big fan of Lat64 and Westside and they're sure to sell, but you could possibly reach more people with two smaller orders from MVP and Gateway.

Best thing might be to poll your local throwers and see what they'd like to have.

My vote goes for Vibram. They look ridiculously cool and feel even better in the hand. Also, they're indestructible

Lat64 also means you should be able to get Westside too as theya re made by Lat64 too so the supplier should be able to get both. So its kinda like a 2 for 1 deal fro you.

lat64 and Westside are a must. They have a great beginners line witht he pearl ruby and diamond and have great advanced discs.

Whats up JF, i would love to see more Lat64/Westside in the shop, but if i was to choose another brand, i would also like to see the Millenium lineup to choose from. But Lat64 is a must and a great option. Their putters, mids, drivers should cover what your looking for at the moment until your ready to expand into more speacialized discs(Gateway, Mvp, Legacy).

lat 64 is a must have just on the looks alone they will sell. MVP does not require huge orders so it would be easy to get them in too. they will sell. they have the eye factor for sure. Nothing like filling the local courses with pretty discs!!!!!

I think based on the variety of models as well as the great looking plastics, I would lean towards the Lat 64 line. They really seem to be taking off and have a nice variety of drivers, mids and putters.

If you happen to own a shop in Michigan, then maybe the MVP (Maple Valley Plastics) line would be good since they are made in Michigan. Glanced at your profile and didnt see any state listed, so probably a long shot (1 in 50 chance).:D

Whatever you decide, best of luck and hope it works out for you and the locals. :thmbup:

Lat 64. Great discs across the board, and with a strong set of beginner/rec-friendly molds, the odds are good that some of the newbs that buy them will get hooked and be back for more. And they seem to be getting a bit more aggressive in their marketing and are introducing new products consistently.

My son has an all-Vibram bag now, and there's a lot to be said for them, but from my conversations with a couple of local retailers they've become extremely hard for smaller retailers to do business with recently (a factor of organizational changes between the Vibram in Italy and their American licensee).

thanks for all the input. im going to bring in mvp and lat 64. ive contacted latitude and to my surprise they actually use distribution companies(common with larger companies, not with disc golf company but understandable considering where they are located). the minimum order direct is 300 discs that is roughly 2000-4000 dollars but makes sense with shipping issues. i am contacting there distributors tomorrow and im expecting to pay a little more per disc than innova or discraft, but i will not tolerate 20-40% margin for wholesale. i sell my discs at roughly 15% below msrp to everyone not just my friends, so ill keep my fingers crossed. mvp, being a small American company i can get behind 100%.
too much manufacturing is going overseas. American products+ American manufacturing+ quality American products = American success, not properties, stocks, bonds, money markets, cds. that is what got us in this crap hole of an economic mess.

I love my lat 64 discs, and I haven't heard a bad thing about them. They're pretty and have cool names :D

Good choice with Lat64. Early Spring my buddy bought a Havoc. We knew nothing about it, but he liked the feel and it was p-r-e-t-t-y compared to the Innova and Discraft seen before. It was always his "pretty" disc until I filled my bag with mostly Lat64! Anyways, as a lot of people have said, they will sell on looks alone, but now that they have the "light" discs of Diamond, Ruby, and Pearl that will also help. You can also market them as good technique discs as they prefer (at least all mine) to fly with a smooth and nice release compared to just throwing the snot out of it. Another good aspect, is those suckers take a licking and keep on ticking!

I wouldn't diversify too much in the beginning because you very well may have "stale" discs, but then you could always come here and unload some.

Good luck!

Latest posts