• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Worm dye removing IDye Poly

BK272

Have y'all had any experience with the worm dye removing IDye poly? I'm working on a pretty complicated dye job(for me) and I dipped the disc in IDye poly black first for about three hours to get a nice deep black. Took the disc out and rinsed in cold water for a couple minutes. I peeled the vinyl off the next section and started to brush on blue worm dye. It actually started to remove the black!! This is my first time using worm dye. Is this normal? I'm thinking I should let the disc sit for a day to let the black settle before I try anymore colors. Is this true? Any advice or suggestions? I really wanted this dye job to be awesome, but I've already messed up one small section. I'm trying not to mess up the whole disc. Lol. Thanks in advance.

If I wait a day or two after dyeing the black, will that help? Or should I not use the worm dye to brush over IDye ? Maybe use a detergent and IDye mix instead and brush that on?

Last edited:
Can you apply the worm dye first and then the IDye? That will probably solve your problem if you can.

I use detergent and dye. But worm dye will work just be extremely careful not to "color on the lines" :D

If I'm doing any type of 'coloring' of black stenciled outlines (mostly acetone painting, but also applies to shaving cream dips) I leave the black stencil to 'set' for a few days before going back and coloring. This gives the black some time to migrated deeper into the surface of the plastic and therefore be less likely to be affected by subsequent dips or other dye treatments.

Plus...... what Eky said^

My advice is to avoid worm dye.

But even a detergent mix will pull off some black dye if you do it too quickly. Not nearly as much as an acetone based mix, but enough to pull some black into your colored areas and make it look smudgy.

Always want to wait at least 24 hours.

Excellent! Thanks for the replies. I'm amazed at the talent level on this thread. Y'all are an inspiration for me to push myself to try harder and more complicated dyes. I hope I can get to your level someday. Keep up the great work!!

Latest posts