• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

1/4 speed RHBH Mid-Range, Input please!

Hips and weight transfer is off kilter. Your thighs are rotated out at the plant which leaves little room to rotate your hips through compared to if the thighs were facing more inward(it's the squeeze between the knees). I'd slow down the first step and focus more on accelerating through the shot and rotating the hips more back and forth. Your front foot should come down to the toes a little more backward(turning hips back), and you get a little flat footed on the rear foot.

Thanks, while watching it, something just didn't seem right about my legs and hips. It is like my hips are just following my body around, not rotating through the shot. BTW, how do you get the video to show up in the post? I know, newb question.

No problemo. You can also check out the other vids I've posted throughout this section for more info on getting the hips involved. Embedding you just put the letters/numbers after the v= in it. Like v=Gh34kj-dff, enter the G through f part. You can see it, if you hit the quote button on my previous post.

not bad at all sir.....the only thing I would add is not to follow your shot with your eyes and head till your left shoulder comes through at the end. Its a problem that I am working on myself. Had a few minutes with Feldberg on day and he noticed it on me. He actually grabbed my head on a one step because I didn't believe him.....ouch......but I did learn something

That view is easier to see how far stretched your legs are and planting too long. Your knee is still behind the foot and hips are way behind the knee in the finish. Watch Erin in the finish and you will see how everything is stacked in the finish, feet under the knees, knees under the hips, hips under the shoulders, everything is balanced. You can also see how the weight settles differently going down to the plant.

Working on the hip rotation.

So, due to some inclement weather I've had only a couple of days to work on my hip rotation. Is it getting any better? This one has three drives in varying speed. Full to half to 1/4.

Some improvement, keep working on it. Try slowing the feet and taking a smaller x-step focusing on more later acceleration. Try to stay more forward and taller and then pivoting your hips back later as you go down to plant. Also your pull is going from high to low, keep everything more on plane to your shoulders and get your elbow up and out away from your chest from reachback to finish. You are short arming by dropping the elbow closer to the torso. You want width and extension down the line.

Your thighs are rotated out at the plant which leaves little room to rotate your hips through compared to if the thighs were facing more inward(it's the squeeze between the knees).

Wow I just had a breakthrough. This is totally my problem- I could never pinpoint why my lower body positioning never looks quite right. So glad I wandered into this thread. :)

Latest posts