• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] 1 disc you do, 1 you don't

Clicked: Flying Squirrel (used to be the Polecat, but it's become quite popular lately)
Didn't: Destroyer

Click - Westside Hatchet, also actually used a Raven for years before I finally retired it.

Don't Click - Beast, Destroyer, and believe it or not Valkyrie

Clicked= JLS, tried many similar numbered discs and keep going back to it. And a spike, great for upshots to me

Did not click= Yeti putter. They feel good in the hand but one time while in a tourney that was raining all day I could not hold on to the thing. It made me so mad I went in search of a putter that can handle being a little wet, I then found the x-challenger and have not looked back.

Clicked - Cro. Don't like mids much at all but this one is working pretty well for me. Even putted with it a bit when I was too lazy to grab my putter out of the bag, may even replace my putting putters.

Not - Buzzz/Roc. Not sure why, might be the wide diameter but I just never do well with traditional mids.

Clicked:Zlite Avenger SS. Picked up the disc, and instantly threw good distances with consistent flight pathes.

Not: Nuke SS for sidearm. I need more over-stability for my sidearm throws with this disc, but the regular nuke is too over stable and winds up diving pretty hard long before it's out of steam. Argh!

Click- harp I love this disc. I don't understand why people say this isn't a putter it is a chain magnet in soft and a great forehand approach in vip.

Clack- rocs. All of them.

Hit my first ever ace today flicking a Katana. Owned it less than a week... Gonna consider that a click.

Not currently clicking: Volt

click- Gateway magic

don't click- Buzz and Tbird ( both the same over stable disc)

Click: Cobra, Pink Panther (don't see these mentioned much). Also, River.

No Click: anything overstable: Teebird, Firebird. (Urge resisted to say "Comet", since I haven't thrown one. :p )

Ok I'll play along. An "unpopular" disc I love is the Banger GT. Here in NC I just don't come across any players using them and I think they are amazing. A popular disc I've tried and didn't click with would be the Buzzz. I bagged many Buzzz's for a few years because it is an extremely popular disc but I really never got into a flow with it. It is annoyingly stable. Not OS enough to put anhyzer on it and have it come back. Not US enough to hyzer-flip. Just not for me.

My exact experience with a Buzzz. Comet is easier to get to fly straight (I like to h-flip), Wasp is more reliable on hyzers and flex shots and into wind

Click: Seer
Didn't click: Leopard plan on trying more plastics and various weights though love the feel but doesn't fly as predictable as my seer

Latest posts