• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] 11x Teebird vs. 12x

Well, let me start by saying, no, I have not thrown the disc yet, lol.

But here is the 12x Teebird before the process.
mail

Here is the disc after the process.
mail

But here is what I saw, that has made me conclude that the 12x mold is actually a completely different mold. Here is the 12x next to the 11x cal (orange), and look how the 11x stands a bit taller.
mail

So it is my guess that no matter how flat I get the 12x, it will not fly like the 11x cal... :(

...but I have not thrown it yet.

Haha. I just did the same thing with my other teebirds. Just realized the star teebird is dome city.

Haha. I just did the same thing with my other teebirds. Just realized the star teebird is dome city.

Be careful modifying flat/dome when dealing with a domey ass disc - you'll end up with a puddle top. Also, for the most part they should stay in the flatter state that you wanted them to be in (or domey if you ever want to dome out a disc). Maybe after months and months it might start to ever so slightly change back to its initial shape, but generally speaking any disc I ever flattened (or domed) stayed at its end result.

Doesn't changing the flight plate make it illegal for tournament use, according to the rules?

Doesn't changing the flight plate make it illegal for tournament use, according to the rules?

I feel like it would be made illegal by this rule:
C. Players may not make post-production modification of discs which alter their original flight characteristics. This rule does not forbid inevitable wear and tear from usage during play or the moderate sanding of discs to smooth molding imperfections or scrape marks. Discs excessively sanded or painted with a material of detectable thickness are illegal. See sections 802.01 D, E and F.

no one will ever know unless you say something.

^That

Although, after playing around with this, I find it is easier, and rule abiding, simply to buy a 11x CAL Teebird.

11X CAL is my stable go to fairway driver. Handles a moderate headwind beautifully. I had a 12X Star before my 11X and it really is a night and day difference. The 12X was dome city and didn't cut through the air as good as the flat 11X.

I've had to switch to eagles to replace the dx Teebird that I bought two years ago. The new mold change killed the stable flight I came to love from my first bird. I thought I was the only one that noticed this. If it makes any difference my first dx was labeled T and the newer less stable version was TB.

Now you know why I am trying to get the Innova Pro shop to re-create/reissue the 11x flat top.

They would sell A BOATLOAD of them

Last edited:
Now you know why I am trying to get the Innova Pro shop to re-create/reissue the 11x flat top.

They would sell A BOATLOAD of them
If you can get the Pro Shop to reproduce it, they'll get it right for the first, small batch like they did with the Glow Gators then it'll be right back to business as usual...crank them out to "meet demand".

IF you want a super beefy and flat Teebird just get a glow one. I have a glow TB and it's almost as stable as my 7/10 firebird, and is as flat as can be.

IF you want a super beefy and flat Teebird just get a glow one. I have a glow TB and it's almost as stable as my 7/10 firebird, and is as flat as can be.

Why can't innova just pump some champion plastic into the glow tb mold??? Orrrr, do they already?

What I noticed between my 11x and 12x was not just the stability, but the glide difference. My 12x had the glide of my Orc, but my 11x rivals my Rivers. It is really a huge difference. Add it the extra stability, and it is just a money disc. :thmbup:

Do you mean dx glow teebirds?
I have several glow champ teebirds. None of them look or fly like my 11x'es. They are all medium domey to domey, and the plastic is hard.

I just got a 172 sparkle glow teebird from eBay last week. It's the domestic teebird I've got. I threw it a couple times and it's pretty stable, but definitely not flat and nothing like my 11x CAL.

I have 4 teebirds, the first I found and was an 11x full of names/#'s. As seen by the pic, its the worst possible color ever and explains all the #'s. But I've honestly never had a bad throw with the thing. I get such consistent distance and lines with it. My go to driver if there's no water in play. In my attempt to buy one similar i've failed and I'm considering just using beat dx EX's

453829.jpeg

11x just feels stiffer and just better all around.
The pink has the same plh as the 11x but the plate just feels thin and flexy, real finicky in flight, but I get some good throws out of it most the time.
The orange is super domey, lower plh, turns over 90% of the time but has insane glide. Also thin and flexy top plate.
Just bought a dx the other day, with a highest plh i could find out of gggt's box and its a complete POS.
All have been 173-175

I have a dx EX that's almost to the point of my 11x. Should I give glow TB's a try? Tired of spending money on ****ty TB's. PD's are also $$ for me, just a bit fast than TB's and EX's

Last edited:
I throw 167g 11X and i get them as trades so they are beat in but they dont have the fade i'm looking for should i get a new 11x or just get heavier ones?